The best of Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Trentino Alto Adige Itinerary
CAPTIVATING TRI VENETO (Tre Venezie)
Asolo, Trento, Bolzano, Dolomites, Udine, Trieste
Your arrival & departure airport: Airport in Venice is Marco Polo (VCE)
Have you dreamed of a trip to Italy where you could explore places rarely visited by large groups of tourists and truly experience the Italian lifestyle? Then I invite you to join me as you discover new and wonderful sites in Northern Italy!
It's time for the authentic Italian Experience!
Explore the land known as Le Tre Venezie, the three northern regions once part of the Venetian Republic (Veneto, Friuli Venezia Giulia, and Trentino-South Tyrol), a melting pot of people, traditions, and cultures with a rich Roman, Medieval and Renaissance history.
Travel along ancient Roman roads through small villages and hamlets, stunning castles, and fortresses to be surrounded by lush golden vineyards at the peak of grape harvesting while discovering the diverse culinary traditions and the most appreciated wines.
Walk the bridge designed by Andrea Palladio in Bassano del Grappa before a unique grappa tasting. Learn about the production of Prosciutto di San Daniele in the small town called Friuli’s little Siena.
Taste delicate and high-quality award-winning olive oils produced abundantly along the lake. This tour is a wine lover’s delight with possible cellar tours at well-known and artisanal boutique producers with sit down tastings in the wine regions of Trento DOC, Teroldego, Terlano, Valpolicella/Amarone, Soave, Lugana, Custoza, Breganze. Prosecco Conegliano-Valdobbiadene, Carso, Collio, and Colli Orientali.
Traveling the road of Trentino-South Tyrol/Alto Adige, Europe’s oldest wine-growing region with over 20 top quality international grape varieties flourishing on 5,000 hectares of terraced vineyards, the scenery is spectacular. Here some of the best white and red wines from international as well as local grape varietals like Teroldego Rotaliano, Gewutzertraminer, Schiava and Lagrein are produced.
In the region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, we dive into the rich wine making tradition. Here enjoy tastings at of wines made with local grape varietals like Refosco dal Penduncolo Rosso, Schiopettino, Ribolla Gialla, and Friulano, Malvasia Istriana, Vitovska as well as international grape varietal like Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay.
Not ready for your adventure to end? This itinerary combines really well with an option to travel to Innsbruck (Austria), Bavaria (Germany) and finish in Munich. You can also add days here to visit Slovenia or Istria (Croatia), all easily accessible from this part of Italy.
Experience more than “postcard” Italy
This itinerary is available only for private groups of 4 to 12 people, and can be customized to your group's needs. Contact Audrey to book your preferred dates.
PRICING: from $4,597 per person (this price is based on 6 guests)
The price for a private tour is per person sharing a double room, and varies according to the number of guests on the tour, because of minimum fixed costs that need to be covered. With this tiered pricing structure we are generally able to offer slightly lower pricing if we get a higher number of guests on the trip.
Highlights & Inclusions of your private tour to northern Italy
- Enjoy for 10 nights the charms of locally owned accommodations that offer Italian hospitality, comfort and local character (Breakfast included) 2 in Asolo, 4 in Ortisei, 4 in Cividale (standard rooms).
- Let go of all the details, private transportation, transfers to and from Marco Polo airport and all gratuities are taken care of.
- Dedicated local tour leader, your local host and cultural ambassador offering you insider access to the Italian way of life.
- A hassle-free guarantee that we will never guide you into a tourist trap shopping experience & that we will never surprise you with add-on "options".
- Enjoy a perfect balance of sightseeing and time at leisure, moving beyond Italy’s signature cities and stay in the picturesque countryside regions.
- Entrance Fees: Villa Barbaro, Castel Beseno, Castel del Buon Consiglio, Castel Roncolo, Monastero di S. Maria in Valle and the Tempietto Longobardo, Museo Christiano and Tesoro del Duomo with the Museo Archelogico Nazionale, Castel Miramare, Aquileia, Pallazo Patriarcale in Udine, Gondola Ride for Alpe di Siusi.
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences from wine tastings to culinary delights: Prosecco tasting, wine tasting in the Collio Orientali, Prosciutto di San Daniele tour and tasting.
- Enjoy the beautiful small cities and towns of Asolo (nicknamed the Town of a hundred horizons), Trento, Bolzano, Ortisei, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Cividale, San Daniele, Udine, Trieste, Palmanova; off the main tourist path and rich in culture and history.
- Visit Aquileia with its Roman ruins, was one of the largest and richest cities of the Roman Empire.
- Visit Ötzi, the remains of a 5000 year old Ice Man in Bolzano’s archaeological museum.
- Explore the beauty of the Italian Alps, take in spectacular views in Alpe di Siusi, Mount Marmolada arguably the most beautiful peak in the Dolomites. Dolomites are one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world.
- Leisure time for you to choose your own optional experiences.
- Discover Italy's cuisine: Enjoy a variety of included dinners at carefully selected authentic Italian trattorias and restaurants with local wines, savoring the tasty regional cuisine: 3 dinners (1 in Asolo, 1 in Ortisei, 1 in Cividale). Tour Manager will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not.
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
Not included: airfare, visa fees and entry clearing fees, personal travel insurance and any other personal travel expenses not associated with tour package and anything not specified to be included.
Ready for a personalized private guided tour to Italy? To view the full itinerary, or discuss customization options, contact Audrey.
Just a few of the beautiful things you'll experience...
Travels with Audrey recommends that you BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your Pre tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour.
What Audrey's clients are saying...
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.