Spain & Portugal: A kaleidoscope of cultures and traditions
Spain conjures images of flamenco dancers, sangria, tapas, matadors, café-lined plazas, sleepy villages with white-washed houses, olive groves, soaring cathedrals, ancient Roman ruins to vast plains and high mountain peaks. This modern country offers top-notch museums, inventive cuisine and never fails to open up travelers’ eyes, minds and hearts. From the Pyrenees to the coast, its landscapes and varied cultures are well worth exploring. Spain is so culturally and geographically diverse that it is poised to seduce, as well as surprise you from architecture in Barcelona and music in Andalusia, to food in the Basque country and art in Madrid. A fiery, passionate place, this country will stay with you forever and will be a lot kinder to your wallet than other European destinations.
From Porto's dazzling architecture and the vision of vibrant Lisboa reigning atop her seven hills, to the crimson cliffs of the Algarve down south, the remarkable coastal country of Portugal is bursting with gems to be discovered. Whether you’re looking to sip wine in the Alentejo, sunbathe on the sand of Madeira, travel through time in Lisbon, or all of the above, we will work together to create the perfect itinerary.
EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF SPAIN AND PORTUGAL ON YOUR PRIVATE TOUR
Spain and Portugal provide some of the richest cultural heritage to be found anywhere in Europe, and I would like to take you straight to the soul of Spain and Portugal by guiding you, not only to famous sites, but also to my favorite places off the beaten path where you can enjoy the rhythm of daily life. I have one goal: to use my local knowledge and my connections to grant you exclusive access to the most unique experiences. Whether you love culture, cuisine, untouched beaches, family fun or a bit of everything, private tours are hand-crafted to your unique style for an unforgettable experience of Spain and Portugal.
Look through my selection of personally crafted private tour itineraries below, which showcase the best of Spain and Portugal. Treat these tour ideas as inspiration, because your trip will be customized just for you. Possibilities are endless, as unique as you and your group. Choose the experiences that interest you to begin building your all-in-one vacation package.
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to design your own amazing immersion journey with a dedicated travel concierge.
You can choose to go it alone, or you can choose to feel like a local. That’s the Travels with Audrey difference and why those who travel with Audrey never travel any other way again. Don’t just take our word for it: read what our clients are saying about us below.
NOTE: Private customized tours often begin in Madrid, Barcelona or even Lisbon as these are the major inbound airports.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN SPAIN & PORTUGAL
Here are some of the highlights you could choose to include in your customized private tour with Audrey:
- Sip wine made from more than 100 different grape varieties and 69 denominations of origin on a private tour of the world’s largest vineyard
- Taste the diverse flavors of “tapas” in the south and “pintxos” in the North
- Experience the sensuous magic of a Flamenco show in Sevilla or Granada
- Soak up rays on the sun-drenched beaches of the Mediterranean on the Costa Del Sol or the Algarve in Portugal
- Take a private tour of the Alhambra, Granada, the exquisite high-point of Andalucía’s Islamic architecture
- Take a tour of Cordoba’s Mezquita, perfection rendered in stone
- Explore the Seven Hills that create the city of LIsbon
- Visit Gaudi’s Barcelona, the astonishing architectural legacy that came to define the city
- See Madrid’s golden mile of art, three of the world’s best art galleries
- Enjoy an exquisite lunch on your private visit of an olive oil producer
- Visit the pilgrimage site of Fátima
- Take a tour in Sevilla where you can visit the tomb of Christopher Columbus and marvel at the world’s largest cathedral
- Visit well-preserved Roman ruin sites like the Roman aqueduct in Segovia which has stood for 2000 years
- Discover an appreciation of sherry in Jerez de la Frontera
- Take a port wine tasting tour in its birthplace: Porto, Portugal
Let’s start planning today!
3 Easy Steps to Work with Audrey
Book your complimentary European vacation planning session now by using my online scheduler to find a time that's convenient for you.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.