Southern Spain Travel Itinerary: The Best of Andalucía in 12 Days
MAGICAL SPAIN, ANDALUCIA
Malaga, Gibraltar, Ronda, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Nerja
Tour starts in Malaga and ends in Nerja (Best times April/May and Sept/Oct)
Arrival airport is Málaga Airport, Pablo Ruiz Picasso International Airport (AGP)
Something for everyone! Be a part of a cultural melting pot of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian history, from extraordinary architecture to endless culinary delights. I would like to take you straight to the soul of this enigmatic land by guiding you, not only to its famous sites, but also to my favorite places off the beaten path where you can enjoy the rhythm of Spanish daily life. This 12 day tour enables you to see the best of Andalucía including the magnificent cities of Cordoba, Granada, Sevilla and hilltop villages as well as get a taste of the Spanish Mediterranean.
EXPERIENCE THE HEART AND SOUL OF SPAIN
Andalusia is a place of wonder. Sunbaked and varied, with pockets of stunning beauty and surprising simplicity. While the countryside is stunning, it is the cities that we love most in this region. Steeped in history, they come in all shapes and sizes. Colorful and vibrant, just like the people of Andalusia themselves.
Andalusia has a rich history of food, using surprisingly simple and basic ingredients. Whether fresh fish and seafood that finds its ways onto the plate within just a couple of hours or the rich and deeply satisfying dishes from the mountains, there is so much to explore. Try grilled sardines on a stick in Malaga, bacalao in Cadiz, spinach and chickpeas in Seville or berenjenas rellenas, a delicious traditional dish you will find in most Spanish cities.
Andalusia’s cities have an amazing cultural heritage. No wonder, considering the Romans, Phoenicians, Visigoths, and Moors all passed through here at some stage in history. This becomes very obvious in the churches and old towns. Several UNESCO heritage listed sites are located in the region, but even if they are not widely recognized, there are still many sites you cannot help but fall in love with. For example, the Puente Nuevo in Ronda, the Alcazar in Sevilla, the Alhambra in Granada, or the Mezquita in Cordoba.
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to design your own amazing immersion journey with a dedicated host
You can choose to go it alone, or you can choose to feel like a local. That’s the Travels with Audrey difference and why those who travel with Audrey never travel any other way again. Don’t just take our word for it: read what our clients are saying about us.
Experience the Spain you never knew
This itinerary is for private groups only of 4 to 12 people, and can be customized to your group's needs. Contact Audrey to book your preferred dates.
PRICING: from $4,297 per person (this price is based on 6 guests)
The price for a private tour is per person sharing a double room, and it varies according to the number of guests on the tour, because of minimum fixed costs that need to be covered. With this tiered pricing structure we are generally able to offer slightly lower pricing if there are a higher number of guests on the trip.
Highlights & Inclusions of your Private Tour to Andalucia
- Enjoy for 12 nights the charms of hand-picked accommodations that offer Spanish hospitality, comfort and local character (daily breakfast) 2 nights Malaga, 1 night Ronda, 1 night Jerez, 2 nights Sevilla, 1 night Cordoba, 2 nights Granada, 2 nights Nerja (standard rooms).
- Gain insider access to the Italian way of life.
- Relaxin the care of your dedicated local tour leader and driver-guide.
- Let go of all the details, private transportation, high speed train tickets, transfers to and from the airport and all gratuities are taken care of.
- A hassle-free guarantee that we will never guide you into a tourist trap shopping experience & that we will never surprise you with add-on "options".
- Private guided walking tours with local expert English speaking tour guides in Malaga, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Guadix.
- Sip the line entrance fees: Malaga’s Alcazar, Mezquita in Cordoba, Cathedral and Alcazar in Sevilla and the Alhambra in Granada with Generalife, Nerja Caves, Guadix caves.
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences and unique venues: discover an appreciation for sherry in traditional bodegas; enjoy an exquisite lunch on your private visit of an olive oil mill; watch a soul stirring-Flamenco show; a unique visit to an Andalusian stud farm in Jerez de la Frontera and/or bull farm, walking around a local market followed by a private cooking lesson where you learn to make Salmorejo and Paella; discover the art of eating tapas.
- Savor the views from the rock of Gibraltar known in antiquity as the Northern Pillar of Hercules.
- Visit the picturesque white villages perched on dramatic cliff tops (Ronda, Arcos de la Frontera, Frijiliana).
- Visit the enchanting city of Cordoba, whose historic center is a UNESCO world heritage site with a visit to the Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba.
- Stroll through the architectural splendors of Seville and marvel at the world's largest cathedral with its Giralda tower and the Alcazar.
- Be immersed in Moorish-style opulence at Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World heritage site with your expert guide including the gardens of the Generalife.
- Visit the Capilla Real, the mausoleum of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, located in the heart of the old town of Granada.
- Enjoy lunch in the beautiful Andalucian countryside surrounded by olive groves en route to Ronda.
- Soak up the sun on a Costa del Sol beach in Nerja.
- Visit the famous troglodyte quarter of Guadix – A Truly Unique Spanish Experience.
- Learn about the short yet eventful life of Federico Garcia Lorca, Granada's most famous poet who left behind a great literary legacy.
- Enjoy leisure time to choose your own optional experiences.
- Discover Spain's cuisine: Enjoy a variety of included dinners at carefully selected authentic restaurants with local wines, savoring regional dishes: 1 lunch (cooking class), 5 dinners (1 in Malaga, 1 in Sevilla, 2 in Granada, 1 in Nerja). Your local host will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
Not included: airfare, visa fees and entry clearing fees, personal travel insurance and any other personal travel expenses not associated with tour package and anything not specified to be included.
Ready for a personalized private guided tour to Spain? To view the full itinerary, or discuss customization options, contact Audrey.
Just a few of the beautiful things you'll experience...
Travels with Audrey recommends that you BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your Pre tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.