Southern Spain Travel Itinerary: The Best of Andalucía in 12 Days
MAGICAL SPAIN, ANDALUCIA
As all the itineraries Audrey designs are customized, this Southern Spain Travel Itinerary: The Best of Andalucia in 12 days, presented here is one of the many ways you can experience Spain on your PRIVATE TOUR with your local host.
Tour starts in Malaga and ends in Nerja (Best times April/May and Sept/Oct)
Arrival airport is Málaga Airport, Pablo Ruiz Picasso International Airport (AGP)
Something for everyone! Be a part of a cultural melting pot of Muslim, Jewish, and Christian history, from extraordinary architecture to endless culinary delights. I would like to take you straight to the soul of this enigmatic land by guiding you, not only to its famous sites, but also to my favorite places off the beaten path where you can enjoy the rhythm of Spanish daily life. This 12 day tour enables you to see the best of Andalucía including the magnificent cities of Cordoba, Granada, Sevilla and hilltop villages as well as get a taste of the Spanish Mediterranean. For one set price, you'll be staying in unique accommodations and have the experience of local, English-speaking tour guides. You'll have a chance to visit all the major, "must-see" sites, plus enough free time on your own to visit the places that really matter to you...or, you can simply enjoy that time relaxing and more.
EXPERIENCE THE HEART AND SOUL OF SPAIN
Andalusia is a place of wonder. Sunbaked and varied, with pockets of stunning beauty and surprising simplicity. While the countryside is stunning, it is the cities that we love most in this region. Steeped in history, they come in all shapes and sizes. Colorful and vibrant, just like the people of Andalusia themselves.
Andalusia has a rich history of food, using surprisingly simple and basic ingredients. Whether fresh fish and seafood that finds its ways onto the plate within just a couple of hours or the rich and deeply satisfying dishes from the mountains, there is so much to explore. Try grilled sardines on a stick in Malaga, bacalao in Cadiz, spinach and chickpeas in Seville or berenjenas rellenas, a delicious traditional dish you will find in most Spanish cities.
Andalusia’s cities have an amazing cultural heritage. No wonder, considering the Romans, Phoenicians, Visigoths, and Moors all passed through here at some stage in history. This becomes very obvious in the churches and old towns. Several UNESCO heritage listed sites are located in the region, but even if they are not widely recognized, there are still many sites you cannot help but fall in love with. For example, the Puente Nuevo in Ronda, the Alcazar in Sevilla, the Alhambra in Granada, or the Mezquita in Cordoba.
Discover the heart and soul of Spain with Audrey as your local host.
Experience the Spain you never knew
This is a Text Editor module.
This is a Text Editor module.
Highlights of your Private Tour to Andalucia
- Insider access to the Spanish way of life
- A hassle-free guarantee that we will never guide you into a tourist trap shopping experience & that we will never surprise you with add-on "options"
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences and unique venues: taste local wines and sherries in traditional bodegas; discover how olive oil is made and taste some yourself at an Olive oil mill; watch a soul stirring-Flamenco show; a unique visit to an Andalusian stud farm in Jerez de la Frontera and/or bull farm, walking around a local market followed by a private cooking lesson where you learn to make Salmorejo and Paella; discover the art of eating tapas
- Discover slow travel: a perfect balance of sightseeing and time at leisure
- Savor the views from the rock of Gibraltar known in antiquity as the Northern Pillar of Hercules
- Visit the picturesque white villages perched on dramatic cliff tops (Ronda, Arcos de la Frontera, Frijiliana)
- Visit the enchanting city of Cordoba, whose historic center is a UNESCO world heritage site with a visit to the Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba
- Stroll through the architectural splendors of Seville, the cathedral with its Giralda tower and the Alcazar
- Be immersed in Moorish-style opulence at Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World heritage site with your expert guide including the gardens of the Generalife
- Visit the Capilla Real, the mausoleum of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, located in the heart of the old town of Granada.
- Enjoy lunch in the beautiful Andalucian countryside surrounded by olive groves en route to Ronda
- Enjoy the serious cultural capital Malaga
- Explore the heart of Andalusia, where palaces, cathedrals and quaint villages all have a story to tell
- Soak in the sun on a Costa del Sol beach in Nerja
- Visit the famous troglodyte quarter of Guadix – A Truly Unique Spanish Experience
- Learn about the short yet eventful life of Federico Garcia Lorca, Granada's most famous poet who left behind a great literary legacy.
- DISCOVERING SPAIN'S CUISINE: Our itinerary includes wonderful local cuisine experiences as you enjoy a variety of included dinners at authentic Spanish restaurants with local wines
- Private transportation for the duration of your tour (When using a small group motor-coach you will have access to WIFI)
- Transfers from the airport on arrival to your hotel and transfer back to the airport from Nerja
- Dedicated tour leader Audrey, your local host and cultural ambassador
- Orientation walks by your local host in Ronda, Nerja and Frijiliana
- Private guided walking tours with Local expert English speaking tour guides in Malaga, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Guadix
- Hand picked accommodations that blend a mix of Spanish hospitality, comfort and local character for 12 nights including daily Breakfast (2 nights Malaga, 1 night Ronda, 1 night Jerez, 2 nights Sevilla, 1 night Cordoba, 2 nights Granada, 2 nights Nerja) standard rooms
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences including a paella cooking lesson, taste local wines and sherries in traditional bodegas, discover how olive oil is made and taste some yourself at an Olive oil mill, watch a Flamenco show with dinner night, a unique visit to an Andalusian stud farm and/or bull farm.
- Sip the line entrance fees: Malaga’s Alcazar, Mezquita in Cordoba, Cathedral and Alcazar in Sevilla and the Alhambra in Granada with Generalife, Nerja Caves, Guadix caves
- Meals: all breakfasts, 1 lunch (cooking class), 5 dinners (1 in Malaga, 1 in Sevilla, 2 in Granada, 1 in Nerja). Beverages include water, coffee and with some dinners 2-3 glasses of wine per person (choice of red or white). Your local host (Certified international tour manager) will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not
- Free time for you to explore at your leisure
- We take care of all local tipping of local guides, hotel staff and restaurants
What is not included
Not included: airfare, personal travel insurance, any personal travel expenses not associated with the tour package and anything not specified to be included.
Travels with Audrey RECOMMENDS YOU BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your Pre tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour. Book early!
What Audrey's clients are saying...
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.