Experience Europe with Audrey as Your Local Host
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to design your own amazing immersion journey with a dedicated travel concierge.
When you travel with Audrey at your side, you will benefit from her lifetime of travel experience in Europe. She is your liaison and personal trip assistant from the moment you arrive to the moment you fly back home, taking care of the logistics and details on the ground so you can spend your time making memories. This means Audrey will translate local languages, take you on orientation walks, steer you off the beaten path, show you points of interest, assist you with “how things work,” and share interesting stories and fun facts about local culture. She will introduce you to local residents, restaurateurs, farmers, winemakers and artisans, experiences not available to the average tourist. "Are you and Audrey joined at the hip? Of course not! You have Audrey's guidance for as much, or as little, of the day as you desire". While others are walking in circles, you’ll get straight to the sites with the help of your Local Host. Why feel lost when you can feel like a local?
If you've always avoided tours because you didn't want to be herded around by people trying to stick to an overloaded schedule, give Audrey a try.
AUDREY GETS IT
You really don’t want to have to think about anything. You want someone with local knowledge, experience and expertise to come up with a great itinerary, and just take care of you. It takes time and energy to plan a great European vacation. It also takes a great deal of knowledge. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information you find when researching for your holiday in Europe. You want to see the highlights, but you also want special, unique experiences that help immerse you in the local culture. You just want to book your flight and go, without needing to spend weeks planning or wasting time sorting out the details of your trip. Or, maybe you have a very specific reason for traveling in Europe: following in the footsteps of a family member who fought in WWII, family history, or a specific interest and the tours that you’ve found online won’t take you where you want to go. You don't want the same old trip that everyone else books. You don't like tourist traps. When you travel you want to relish, not regret, each precious moment. Audrey takes the work and worry out of travel planning, and make what can be a challenging and time-consuming process easy and fun.
FAMILY MEMORIES MADE EASY
It seems hard enough to get the family all together in one place, not to mention all in one vacation. Wouldn’t it be great to do away with all the guesswork and uncertainty in planning the perfect family vacation? Audrey takes care of everything so that parents, grandparents, cousins, and kids can spend time enjoying being together and discovering new sights, without stressing over directions, hotels, transportation, or what to see, do, and eat!
HOW AUDREY CAN HELP
Travel with Audrey and experience a tour completely customized for you. Gather a group of friends, pick your dates, and let us take care of the details. These are holidays planned for travelers who may not typically “do tours,” but would like to have local experts handle all the details.
Audrey will greet you at the airport when you arrive and will personally lead your tour, she does not hire anyone else to lead her tours. Audrey’s passion is to take care of you on a personal level. She cares about sourcing the most delicious food, fabulous wine and gracious hospitality. Leading small group trips through Europe allows Audrey the chance to share what she loves most with you.
You can choose to base your tailor-made experiences on one of our recommended ready-to-book private tour packages with a few additions or alterations, or we can craft an entirely new itinerary, designed to maximize your vacation.
Check out the links below to peruse itineraries from families and couples who chose to explore Europe alongside Audrey and read their testimonials.
DETAILS AND SERVICES
When you travel with Travels with Audrey you receive a special kind of attention. Here are several reasons why most of our clients are returning travelers:
- A private tour led by a professional tour manager with more than 35 years of experience. Your guide is also the owner of the company, ensuring you of the utmost dedication.
- Our guides engage you and feel like long-lost friends. . They are not lecturers but "connectors” to the stories of the places you are visiting.
- Activities: Cooking classes, small family winery visits, truffle hunting, private dining rooms and so much more!
- Exceptional Lodging: Whether you want a villa, a castle, a boutique, a top luxury hotel or a family run hotel, we have our favorites and the owners know us well and treat our travelers with great care.
- When you travel with Audrey, you’ll be immersed in the food, wine, breathtaking scenery and culture and you’ll meet local artisans who are keen to share with you.
- We don't try to squeeze your days full of check-list items with long bus rides between them. What we want is to create experiences that touch you and make you feel as if you have momentarily stepped outside of time.
- One of our most important goals is to support small local businesses where warm and generous friends take pleasure in sharing food, life and the beauty of their country with you.
Travels with Audrey is dedicated to delivering an authentic experience at a reasonable cost. When you compare the quality of what we include and the size of your group to other options out there, we think you’ll agree that we offer the best culture, food, and wine tours of Europe at competitive prices!
Audrey specializes in Spain, France and Italy, but can also provide travel planning assistance in other European countries.
WHAT YOU'LL EXPERIENCE ON A PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR
- Balance the “must-see's" with experiences off the beaten path.
- Enjoy meals at local, family-owned restaurants.
- Taste wines from some of Italy’s oldest wine cellars.
- Savor a real escape, free from figuring out foreign maps, driving, languages and customs.
- Travel at your speed in a roomy vehicle with a relaxed view of travel and your hand-picked travel companions far from the hectic itineraries of traditional group tours.
- Connect with the locals in a meaningful way.
- Enjoy well-paced, flexible travel which includes a mix of guided tours and time to explore on your own.
- Take in back roads scenery that most tourists never see.
- Enjoy unmatched personal attention.
Who Does Audrey Plan Trips to Europe For?
Groups of friends
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Custom itineraries are developed as a tour package. We handle all the logistics for your land arrangements to make your vacation run flawlessly from arrival to departure. Audrey will consult extensively with you to determine your needs and preferences in advance to create a detailed customized itinerary just for you. The itinerary will be unique to you and your travel companions, whether you are traveling as a couple, as friends, or as a multi-generational family.
Pricing is determined by the number of guests on tour, choice of accommodations, meals, planned activities, expert local guides, local ground transportation, length of stay and additional options chosen. Please take note that our custom vacation plans will not be itemized, and we only accept full-service planning when hotel reservations are part of the itinerary.
The process is simple…
- Book your initial travel consultation with Audrey. Discussing your vacation will be a fun experience and will give Audrey an opportunity to discern if we are a good fit for one another. During your call, Audrey will ask you about your interests and the interests of your traveling companions, learn about your abilities, your preferences on accommodations and travel style. Have you traveled to Europe before? If so, which countries did you visit? What would make your trip perfect, or what do you envision as your ideal day while on vacation? What are some of your must-see places and experiences you wish to have included?
- Take care of fees. To begin the planning process, we require a signed contract and a non-refundable design fee of $500.00 (for groups of up to 6 people; for larger groups, please inquire). If you book the trip the $500.00 will be returned to you or deducted from your final bill.
- Review your draft itinerary. Audrey will put together a recommended overall itinerary (outline first draft) for you to review that will incorporate the things you wished for, plus some extras she thinks you’ll love. You might say, “Yes, let’s go for it!” or you might want to discuss a few things, tweak some items, or compare different options. If needed, a second draft will be presented.
- Confirm booking and process payment. Once the itinerary draft is agreed upon, Audrey will price your itinerary package. We can’t move to this step until specific dates are confirmed and flights are booked. Once the price of the tour package quote has been approved, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total per-person tour price (not including the design fee) will be due, in order to proceed with booking all of the components of your European vacation. The balance is due 90 days prior to your departure. As bookings are subject to availability, the sooner a trip is confirmed, the better the availability.
- Start packing. All you have to do is sit back, and enjoy your fabulous travels! Let Audrey and her team of in-country associates take care of you while you are in Europe!
Prices start at $450 per person, per day, not including airfare.
These prices include all land arrangements, not just accommodation. Obviously, the final price will depend on the exact hotels that we use and number/type of activities and transportation included.
Private guided tours, with Audrey as your dedicated private driver-guide or tour manager, tour dates are booked on a first come, first served basis. Space is not held until a signed Liability Waiver and Release, Guest Registration Form and initial deposit are received. Audrey works with multiple clients at any given time, so you might be in the running for dates already selected by another private group.
Audrey spends many months per year living and working in Europe for her clients. Audrey’s airfare is not a factor when she quotes the cost of a tour for you because she does about an average of 10 tours a year so airfare is not part of the overall cost of your tour.
What is not included in your private guided tour:
- Your airfare
- Lunches and dinners (unless requested), social drinks, meals on free nights
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. laundry, phone calls)
- Personal, health and travel insurance
- Optional excursions in your free time
- Excess baggage charges and porterage
- Gratuities to chauffeurs and local expert guides
- Incidental expenses, such as room service incurred at hotels. All expenses are to be settled prior to leaving the accommodation
Please note: If you are unable to stand/walk for 3 consecutive hours, cannot carry your own luggage, cannot walk for extended periods of time, have trouble walking up and down hills, or require a special diet, this trip may not be for you. Please contact Audrey if you have any questions.
3 Easy Steps to Work with Audrey
Sign up for Europulse News
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration.