Experience Europe with Audrey As Your Local Host
At Travels with Audrey, we can not only design and provide you with a custom itinerary, but also act as your tour manager and driver-guide. Accompanied travel is available for select destinations and dates only.
When you travel with Audrey at your side, she is your liaison and personal trip assistant from the moment you arrive to the moment you fly back home, taking care of the logistics and details on the ground so you can spend your time making memories. This means Audrey will translate local languages, take you on orientation walks, steer you off the beaten path, show you points of interest, assist you with “how things work,” and share interesting stories and fun facts about local culture. She will introduce you to local residents, restaurateurs, farmers, winemakers and artisans, experiences not available to the average tourist.
While others are walking in circles, you’ll get straight to the sites with the help of your Local Host. Why feel lost when you can feel like a local?
WE GET IT
You really don’t want to have to think about anything. You want someone with local knowledge and experience to come up with a great itinerary, and just take care of you. You just want to book your flight and go, without needing to spend weeks planning or wasting time sorting out details like transportation and communication on your trip. Or, maybe you have a very specific reason for traveling in Europe, like a WWII connection, family history, or academic interest, and the tours that you’ve found online won’t take you where you want to go.
On your private guided tour, you will stay in unique accommodations, indulge in delicious regional cuisine, sip amazing wine, learn about history from local guides, visit family-run farms, and much more. These carefully curated culture, wine or food tours are perfect for those who want to be fully taken care of during their holiday.
FAMILY MEMORIES MADE EASY
It seems hard enough to get the family all together in one place, not to mention all in one vacation. Wouldn’t it be great to do away with all the guesswork and uncertainty in planning the perfect family vacation? What if you could put away the puzzle of researching, planning, and searching for the right travel pieces? You can with Travels with Audrey, because we take care of everything from the moment you arrive, transportation to accommodations and sightseeing including your own expert Local Host to help you navigate each destination with ease. Parents, grandparents, cousins, and kids can spend time enjoying being together and discovering new sights, without stressing over directions, hotels, transportation, or what to see, do, and eat!
HOW WE CAN HELP
Travel with Audrey to a region of your choosing, and experience a tour completely customized for you. Gather a group of friends, pick your dates, and let us take care of the details. These are holidays planned for travelers who may not typically “do tours,” but would like to have experts handle all the details. If you’re passionate about food, wine, culture, beautiful landscapes, historical architecture, and everything that makes European travel exciting, then we’ll get along just fine!
You will travel with Audrey – she does not hire anyone else to lead her tours. Audrey’s passion is to take care of you on a personal level. She cares about sourcing the most delicious food, fabulous wine, and gracious hospitality. Leading small group trips through Europe allows Audrey the chance to share what she loves most with you.
You can choose to base your tailor-made experiences on one of my recommended ready-to-book private tour packages with a few additions or alterations, or I can craft an entirely new itinerary, designed to maximize your vacation.
Visit the blog to peruse itineraries from past group tours, or read testimonials from many travelers who explored Europe alongside Audrey.
DETAILS AND SERVICES
When you travel with Audrey, you’ll be immersed in the food, wine, and culture of the European country we travel to, and you’ll meet local producers who are keen to share what they do so well. We combine well-organized excursions with local guides, including time to explore on your own.
Travels with Audrey is dedicated to delivering an authentic experience at a reasonable cost. When you compare the quality of what we include and the size of our tour to other options out there, we think you’ll agree that we offer the best culture, food, and wine tours of Europe at competitive prices!
WHAT WE’LL DO ON A PRIVATE TOUR:
- Travel in a small group (maximum 12 guests)
- Enjoy meals at local, family-owned restaurants
- Explore your specific interests, from wine to history to local artisans
- Make connections with local producers
- Travel at a nice pace with a flexible schedule and mix of tours
- Give you time to explore on your own
- Stay in accommodations for the length of the trip when possible (only unpack once!)
- Benefit from advice and suggestions based on years of experience
We have amazing itineraries for the places you want to travel in Europe including, but not limited to:
- Regions in Italy: Tuscany, Piedmont, Aosta, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Liguria, Lombardia, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Lazio, Umbria, Campagna, Puglia, Basilicata
- Regions of France: Normandy, Brittany, Loire Valley, Burgundy, Champagne, Alsace, Provence
- Region of Spain: Andalucia, including Madrid and La Mancha
INCLUDED IN THE PRIVATE TOUR PACKAGE:
- Accommodations for the length of the trip
- Breakfast every day
- Lunches and dinners in select locations including wine
- Transportation while on tour
- Location dependent: cooking class
- Location dependent: farm tours, wine tastings at select wineries and food tours
- Location dependent: city tours with local expert guides with skip the line entrances
- Location dependent: excursions specific to the area (truffle hunting, private boat rides, etc. )
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Use the Contact page on this website to book a phone consultation with Audrey to discuss your European travel dreams!
- We’ll discuss your interests and the interests of your traveling companions, your desires for the trip, and your ages and energy levels. Have you traveled to Europe before? If so, which countries did you visit? What would make your trip perfect, or what do you envision as your ideal day while on vacation?
- You’ll pay a non-refundable $500 deposit to allow Audrey to develop your unique itinerary. The fee is the same no matter how large your group is.
- Travels with Audrey will develop a “sketch” of an itinerary and give you a per-person price. Upon your approval of the planned trip, each person in your small group will pay a deposit based on the per-person price, and the final payment will be due 90 days before travel.
- Travels with Audrey will fully develop the chosen itinerary, which will incorporate everything you wished for, plus some extras we think you’ll love. You might say, “Yes, let’s go for it!” or you might want to discuss a few things, tweak some items, or compare different options. At the end of this phase, you’ll know what the highlights of your European trip are, you’ll know how long you’ll stay in each place, and you’ll know your itinerary for your particular destination.
- Once the itinerary is agreed upon, Audrey will book everything for you and plan to take great care of you and your companions during your stay in Europe.
- You’ll be given a customized, day-by-day itinerary that's unique to your group with all the details you'll need. It's essentially a personalized guidebook with only the information that's relevant to you. We’ll put your itinerary into the travel app Axus so you can download the details to your phone and print it out before your trip.
- All you have to do is sit back, and enjoy your fabulous travels! Let Audrey and her team of in-country associates take care of you while you are in Europe!
Prices start at $350 per person, per day, not including airfare.
These prices are just an orientation. They are for all the land arrangements, not just accommodation.
Obviously, the final price will depend on the exact hotels that we use and number/type of activities and transportation included.
For private guided tours, with me as your private driver-guide or tour manager, tour dates are booked on a first come, first served basis. Space is not held until a signed Liability Waiver and Release, Guest Registration Form and initial deposit are received. I work with multiple clients at any given time, so you might be in the running for dates already selected by another private group.
Audrey spends many months per year living and working in Europe for her clients. Audrey’s airfare is not a significant factor when we quote the cost of a tour for you because we do about an average of 10 tours a year so airfare is just a tiny part of the overall cost of your tour.
What is not included in your private guided tour:
- Airfares are not included in the tour price
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Lunches and dinners (unless otherwise stated), social drinks, meals on free nights
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. laundry, phone calls)
- Personal, health and travel insurance
- Optional Excursions in your free time
- Excess baggage charges and porterage
- Gratuities to chauffeurs and local expert guides
- Incidental expenses, such as room service incurred at hotels. All expenses are to be settled prior to leaving the accommodation
Please note: If you are unable to stand/walk for 3 consecutive hours, cannot carry your own luggage, cannot walk for extended periods of time, have trouble walking up and down hills, or require a special diet, this trip may not be for you. Please contact Audrey if you have any questions.
Sign up for Europulse News
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration.