10 day Private tour of Spain & Portugal
Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Ronda, Sevilla, Evora, Lisbon, Cascais, Sintra
Experience these wild, beautiful and contradictory lands on the Iberian peninsula. From Roman relics and Muslim palaces to baroque cathedrals and daring modern city centers, Portugal and Spain boast a dazzling blend of civilization, culture and color. This 9 day tour is a treasure chest of cultural jewels that stretch across a wide palette.
Arrival Airport: Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport (MAD)
Departure Airport: Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
(Best times April/May and Sept/Oct)
Get ready to EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF SPAIN AND PORTUGAL
Spain and Portugal provide some of the richest cultural heritage to be found anywhere in Europe. Spain offers some of the richest cultural heritage to be found anywhere in Europe. Spain is an exotic and diverse country with an ancient history and heritage. Spain will dazzle you with architectural feats and artistic treats, enrich you with historic treasures and nourish you with sherry and tapas! From charismatic cities to sleepy villages dotted with white washed houses and olive groves, Spain never fails to open up travelers’ eyes, minds and hearts. The Andalusia region is an excellent example of a unique blend of Roman, Arab and Catholic inspired influences.
Once the world’s richest and most powerful empire, Portugal is now the vibrant home to powerhouse wine regions, incredible art museums and excellent surfing. In Lisbon, there’s nothing quite like losing yourself while wandering through the Bairro Alto with a belly full of the freshest seafood and local wine, as images of medieval charm and blue painted tiles swirl in your head, only to turn a corner and catch a glimpse of the glimmering sea.
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to design your own amazing immersion journey with a dedicated host
I would like to take you straight to the soul of Spain and Portugal by guiding you, not only to famous sites, but also to my favorite places off the beaten path where you can enjoy the rhythm of daily life. Whether you love culture, cuisine, family fun or a bit of everything, private tours are hand-crafted to your unique style for an unforgettable experience of Spain and Portugal.
You can choose to go it alone, or you can choose to feel like a local. That’s the Travels with Audrey difference and why those who travel with Audrey never travel any other way again. Don’t just take our word for it: read what our clients are saying about us.
Wishing to add Barcelona onto this itinerary? We offer a 3 day pre tour option prior to the start of the tour.
Experience the best of Spain & Portugal
This itinerary is for private groups only of 4 to 12 people, and can be customized to your group's needs. Contact Audrey to book your preferred dates.
PRICING: from $3,527 per person (this price is based on 6 guests)
The price for a private tour is per-person sharing a double room, and it varies according to the number of guests on the tour, because of minimum fixed costs that need to be covered. With this tiered pricing structure we are generally able to offer slightly lower pricing if there are a higher number of guests on the trip.
Highlights & Inclusions of your Private Tour of Spain & Portugal
- Enjoy for 9 nights the charms of hand-picked accommodations that offer Spanish hospitality, comfort and local character including daily Breakfast (2 nights in Madrid, 2 nights in Granada, 2 nights in Sevilla, 3 nights in Lisbon) standard rooms.
- Gain insider access to the Spanish way of life.
- A hassle-free guarantee that we will never guide you into a tourist trap shopping experience & that we will never surprise you with add-on "options"
- Relax in the care of your dedicated local tour leader and driver-guide.
- Let go of all the details, private transportation, high speed train tickets and all gratuities are taken care of.
- Enjoy hand-picked Insider Experiences and unique venues: taste local wines in Ronda and Alentejo; a cooking class of the famous Portuguese custard tart; experience the sensuous magic of a Flamenco show and soul stirring Fado; walking around a local market followed by a private cooking lesson where you learn to make Salmorejo and Paella; discover the art of eating tapas with Audrey.
- Private guided walking tours with Local expert English speaking tour guides in Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Sevilla, Lisbon, Sintra, Cascais.
- Skip the line entrance fees: Royal Palace in Madrid; Toledo cathedral, Santo Tome Church and La Blanca Synagogue; Alhambra, Generalife, Royal Chapel, Sevilla's cathedral and Royal Alcazar; National Palace of Sintra.
- Discover an appreciation for Spanish wines on a private tour of the world’s largest vineyard.
- Taste the diverse flavors of “tapas” in the south and “pintxos” in the North.
- Enjoy knock-out views over the Tagus river in Toledo, with its impressive historic UNESCO sites.
- Visit the picturesque white village of Ronda perched on dramatic cliff tops.
- Stroll through the architectural splendors of Seville, the cathedral with its Giralda tower and the Alcazar.
- Be immersed in Moorish-style opulence at Alhambra Palace, a UNESCO World heritage site with your expert guide including the gardens of the Generalife.
- Visit one of Portugal’s most beautifully preserved medieval towns, Évora, an enchanting place to delve into the past.
- Enjoy visiting Sintra, a UNESCO world heritage site which seems like a page torn from a fairy tale.
- Take a tour of Cascais, a delightful Portuguese fishing town situated on a beautiful coastline.
- Explore the Seven Hills that create the city of Lisbon, overlooking the Tagus River, with its alleyways winding between colorful, centuries-old buildings.
- Enjoy leisure time to choose your own optional experiences.
- Discover Spain's & Portugal's cuisine: Enjoy a variety of included dinners at carefully selected authentic local restaurants with local wines, savoring the tasty regional cuisine.
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
Not included: airfare, visa fees and entry clearing fees, personal travel insurance and any other personal travel expenses not associated with tour package and anything not specified to be included.
Ready for a personalized private guided tour to Spain & Portugal? Get a group together and let’s get something on the calendar! To view the full itinerary, or discuss customization options, contact Audrey.
Just a few of the beautiful things you'll experience...
Travels with Audrey recommends that you BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your pre-tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour.
What Audrey's clients are saying...
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.