This private tour of northern Italy with Audrey as driver-guide was designed for Kathy and Rich who wished to discover more of what Italy has to offer, authentic experiences beyond the beaten path. This is is one of the many examples of what Travels with Audrey can do for you in Italy. All tours are custom-designed and private.
- 1 night in a Boutique Hotel property in Asolo
- 2 nights in a Villa in the Valpolicella wine area of Veneto nestled in the Amarone wine area
- 3 nights in Varenna on Lake Como with balcony and views of the Lake
Starting the tour in Venice, places visited on this tour:
- Conegliano Prosecco wine route with prosecco tour, tasting and lunch in an authentic trattoria
- Villa Maser
- The beautiful town of Asolo
- Poli Grappa distillery tour and tasting
- Town of Marostica
- Soave wine tour and tasting
- Valpolicella wine area, villa stay and wine tasting (time of the harvest)
- Verona private guided tour
- Lake Como with Varenna and Bellagio
- Private boat ride on Lake Como with a visit to Villa Balbianello
- Bernina train experience through the Alps, from Tirano to St Moritz in Switzerland
Total private tour of northern Italy package cost per person $3,660USD not including flights
Watch the video of their experience below:
We had a family adventure with 13 of us- ages 1 to 67 years old. Related as brothers, sisters, in-laws, cousins, and grandchildren. Audrey spent two weeks with the whole gang and then my husband Rich and I stayed on another week with Audrey to see sites in Northern Italy.
The whole trip was AWESOME. We made marvelous memories together. Audrey was terrific at meeting the needs of this diverse group. She took us to special spots that we had visited with her 5 years before with her. That is one of the reasons we selected her to help guide us and she far exceeded our expectations. She also added many new treasurers to enjoy and share with each other. Audrey is organized, knowledgeable, fun, flexible, curious, thoughtful, energetic, discreet, adventurous, and sentimental.
So I am going to focus on the trip that Audrey took Rich and I on. The family left us in Venice. Audrey had an associate meet us at the hotel and help us water taxi to Audrey and the car we would tour in for the next week. From there we visited Asolo, Verona, Varenna on Lake Como, Verona, St. Moritz in Switzerland, and Bellagio. Modes of transportation included private car, private boat, large car ferry, Bernina Express train, horse and carriage, and lots of our own feet! A nice mix of activities.
We enjoyed wine tasting in the Prosecco, Soave and Valpolicella regions. We also changed our view on grappa after touring Poli – a most excellent adventure! Art and gardens at various villas plus an architecture tour of an arena in Verona-after a visit to Juliet’s house. We enjoyed Audrey’s tour and her company as she shared her favorite spots with us along the way. We ate things that surprised us (horse for instance and it does not taste like chicken) and went to places that we would never have found on our own.
The trip seemed as though there were two since we had the big gang for the first two weeks and just Rich and I for the last week. All the while Audrey was our constant guide and friend. The pictures she shared of the trip that she took of and for us were spectacular.
Tomorrow night I am meeting with the family to begin planning a trip with Audrey to France this fall!