Northern Italy Itinerary: Veneto, Emilia Romagna & San Marino
Beating Heart of Italy
(Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Lake Garda, Parma, Bologna, Ravenna, Gradara, San Marino)
Arrival & Departure airport: Venice Marco Polo (VCE)
**FOR PRIVATE GROUPS ONLY**
Blessed with an unparalleled cultural heritage and cuisine that is imitated the world over, Italy casts a powerful spell. If you love Italy and have enjoyed seeing famous sites like Rome and Tuscany, but are ready to try something new, then join me and discover Northwest Italy! This upscale tour showcases the fantastic food and wine, as well as the cultural and historical wealth, in some of Italy’s most beautiful regions.
Get ready to EXPERIENCE THE REAL ITALY
Indulge your mind, body and soul on a journey into the Cuisine and Culture of Northern Italy, as you explore and discover what makes this part of Italy so hypnotic and sumptuous. Admire the medieval, Renaissance and Palladian architecture of hidden towns such as Vicenza as well as the cities of Verona and Venice. Appreciate the depth and subtleties of the great works of art that abound. Explore art in cathedrals, historic piazzas, and astonishing museums. Savor the Italian “slow foods” philosophy and enjoy meals of delicacies and fine wines. Experience the visual and sensory treats, all while traveling amid the natural beauty of the majestic Dolomites, the alpine Sud Tyrol and of course the romantic Venetian waterways.
Discover the Po Valley with its waving fields of corn and rice paddies which hosts some of Italy’s most handsome and prosperous towns. This is a land of legends spun by Virgil, Dante and Shakespeare, where grand dynasties fought for power and patronized some of the finest works of art in the world.
With its superb produce, culinary traditions and world famous wines, Italy is a food lover’s dream destination. Whether it is eating a wood fired pizza, dining alfresco, tasting Amarone in a vineyard, great foodie experiences await at every turn. Enjoy private guided tours in Venice, Bologna, Parma, Vicenza, Verona, and Ravenna, try local Italian produce, taste local wines in Valpolicella and Emilia Romagna. From the Alps north of Lake Garda to the fertile plains of Emilia Romagna, this tour is truly a feast for the senses.
Book this Italy tour for an inspiring introduction to the best of Italy, not only for its museums, cities and monuments but also its fantastic food, wine, culture and people.
Discover the Road Less Traveled
PRICING: from $4,597USD per person (double occupancy)
The price for a private tour is per-person sharing a double room, and it varies according to the number of guests on the tour, because of minimum fixed costs that need to be covered. With this tiered pricing structure we are generally able to offer slightly lower pricing if there are a higher number of guests on the trip.
Contact Audrey to book your preferred dates. This itinerary is for private groups only from 4 to 12 people, and can be customized to your group's needs.
Highlights and Inclusions for your Northern Italy Private Tour
- Unwind for 12 nights at charming, locally owned accommodations that offer Italian hospitality, comfort and local character (standard rooms with daily breakfast included):
- 3 nights in Venice
- 3 nights in a lovely hilltop Relais in the heart of the Valpolicella area
- 3 nights in a historic hilltop village
- 3 nights in Ravenna
- Gain insider access to the Italian way of life.
- Relax in the care of your dedicated local tour leader and driver-guide.
- Let go of all the details: private transportation, high speed train tickets and all gratuities are taken care of.
- Visit one of the most magical and romantic cities in the world: Venice.
- Enjoy a private boat ride to the Island of Murano with a visit to a traditional glass factory.
- Board your private boat for a half-day visit to the beautiful islands of Burano and Torcello.
- Promenade through the Bacari, Venice’s wine bars with your local guide.
- Explore the beautiful historical cities of Verona, Parma and Vicenza, and the beauty of Palladian architecture at villas La Rotonda and Villa Valmanara ai Nani.
- Admire picturesque villages on Lake Garda.
- Immerse yourself in hand-picked exclusive experiences:
- A private cooking lesson in a historic hilltop village
- Visit to the Ferrari museum (a drive in a Ferrari is available for an additional cost)
- Private tours and wine tastings in the Valpolicella wine region (Soave, Recioto, Amarone, Ripasso della Valpolicella)
- Taste the flavors offered by local Aceto Balsamico, Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto producers.
- Meander through the picturesque streets of Bologna and its classic culinary meccas.
- Ravenna, home of the impressive Christian monuments built in the 4th and 6th centuries AD and the last great capital of the Roman empire
- One of the world’s oldest republics, San Marino
- The medieval fortress of Gradara in Marche
- Skip the lines, with prepaid entrance fees and local expert guides to:
- The Doge Palace and Basilica in Venice (Admission also includes Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Palladian Villa La Rotonda
- Villa Valmanara Ai Nani
- Parma Cathedral
- Bologna (Santo Stefano, San Petronio, Teatro Atomico)
- Mausoleum Galla Placidia in Ravenna
- Gradara Castle
- Enjoy the freedom of leisure time to choose your own optional experiences.
- Sample and savor regional cuisine at carefully selected authentic trattorias and restaurants with local wines:
- 3 lunches and 6 dinners are included (1 in Venice, 3 in the Valpolicella area, 1 in Castevetro di Modena, 1 in Ravenna)
- I will invite you to join me at unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not.
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
Not included: airfare, visa fees and entry clearing fees, personal travel insurance, any other personal travel expenses not associated with the tour package and anything not specified to be included.
To discuss the details and customization options, contact Audrey.
Just a few of the beautiful things you'll experience...
Travels with Audrey recommends that you BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your Pre tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour.
What Audrey's clients are saying...
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.