Experience more than “postcard” Italy
Italians refer to their homeland as “Il bel paese”, the beautiful country. In Goethe’s classic “Italian Journey”, he calls Italy the “garden of Europe.” Visit Italy every year forever and you’d never have to repeat yourself. Each region, sometimes each village, is its own unique and totally irresistible destination.
EXPERIENCE THE REAL ITALY ON YOUR PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR
Italy is magical, but it is also a big tourist destination, with most visitors going to the same places and doing the same things. With my personalized services, you will discover there is more to Italy, and gain access to authentic moments, hidden gems and experiences that few travelers even know about. My customized private tours of Italy can include the must-see sights, from the Colosseum and ruins of ancient Rome to the lagoon city of Venice, but also places only locals know about, places off the beaten path, providing you with a very unique travel experience. You could find yourself hunting for truffles, hiking in Cinque Terre, enjoying farm tours, tasting local specialties, relishing wine tastings, taking a cooking lesson, seeing artisan demonstrations, visiting quaint villages, staying in unique and charming accommodations—and most importantly, experiencing the Italian lifestyle and culture through its art, history, food and people.
Taking full advantage of my first-hand experience, in-depth knowledge and expertise, and my network of trusted in-country associates, I will help you “experience” of the real Italy, not just a tour.
Look through my selection of personally crafted private tour itineraries below, which showcase the best of Italy. Treat these tour ideas as inspiration, because your trip will be customized just for you. Possibilities are endless, as unique as you and your group.
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to design your own amazing immersion journey with a dedicated travel concierge.
You can choose to go it alone, or you can choose to feel like a local. That’s the Travels with Audrey difference and why those who travel with Audrey never travel any other way again. Don’t just take our word for it: read what our clients are saying about us below.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN ITALY
Here are some of the highlights you could choose to include in your customized private tour with Audrey:
- Take a Voga alla Veneta rowing lesson on a hand crafted batellina in Venice
- Admire Siena’s beautiful Gothic cathedral
- Experience ancient history with a Rome Colosseum tour, or a Roman Forum tour
- Savor a night at the opera with Scala Milan tickets
- Lounge over an “aperitivo” and banquet of sumptuous antipasti in one of Turin’s historic café bars
- Marvel at the priceless masterpieces of Da Vinci and Botticelli with a Florence Uffizi Gallery tour, and catch a glimpse of Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’ Accademia on a Florence private walking tour
- Visit the Verona of Shakespear’s Romeo and Juliet
- Take a private tour of Pompeii, a thriving commercial town until Mt. Vesuvius erupted in AD79
- Marvel at the gardens on the Borromean Island of Lake Maggiore
- Hike to the top of Mount Etna
- Visit a Pecorino producer near Pienza
- Experience a special event like the Palio in Siena
- Visit Siracusa Sicily and take a “passegiatta” in the old town
- Give a toast in “The Spy Who Loved Me” bar in Sardinia
- Drink Limoncello on an Amalfi Coast tour
- Visit the best preserved Greek temples on the Italian mainland through a Paestum tour
- Take a tour of Matera, the location of the Mel Gibson film The Passion of Christ
- Make pasta in Bologna, the food capital of Italy
- Visit one of the world’s smallest countries with a San Marino tour
- Hunt for truffles in Umbria or Piemonte
- Visit the lovely coastal town of Portovenere
- Discover the world-renowned wine regions of Italy: Valpolicella, Prosecco, Chianti, Barolo
- Eat the world’s best pizza in Naples
- Enjoy a private tour of the Sistine Chapel
Let’s start planning today!
3 Easy Steps to Work with Audrey
Book your complimentary 30 minute initial travel consultation by using my online scheduler to find a time that's convenient for you.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.