Experience more than “postcard” Italy
EXPERIENCE THE REAL ITALY ON YOUR PRIVATE TOUR
Italians refer to their homeland as “Il bel paese”, the beautiful country. In Goethe’s classic “Italian Journey”, he calls Italy the “garden of Europe.” Visit Italy every year forever and you’d never have to repeat yourself. Each region, sometimes each village, is its own unique and totally irresistible destination. Italy is magical but it is also a big tourist destination, with most visitors going to the same places and doing the same things.
When you travel with me, you will discover there is more to Italy than you likely know about. My customized private tours of Italy can include the must-see sights, from the Colosseum and ruins of ancient Rome to the lagoon city of Venice, but also places only locals know about, places off the beaten path, providing you with a very unique travel experience. You could find yourself hunting for truffles, hiking in Cinque Terre, enjoying farm tours, tasting local specialties, relishing wine tastings, taking a cooking lesson, seeing artisan demonstrations, visiting quaint villages, staying in unique and charming accommodations—and most importantly, experiencing the Italian lifestyle and culture through its art, history, food and people.
Taking full advantage of my first-hand experience, in-depth knowledge and expertise of how to “experience” Italy, and my network of trusted in-country associates, I will help you plan a unique tour of Italy. I offer the “experience” of the country, not just a tour.
Join me on a customized private guided tour; find out why my clients love to travel with me, and discover some of the best Italy has to offer.
WHAT TO SEE AND DO IN ITALY
Here are some of the highlights you could choose to include in your customized private tour with me:
- Take a Gondola ride in Venice
- Admire Siena’s beautiful Gothic cathedral
- Experience ancient history with a Rome Colosseum tour, or a Roman Forum tour
- Savor a night at the opera with Scala Milan tickets
- Lounge over an “aperitivo” and banquet of sumptuous antipasti in one of Turin’s historic café bars
- Discover Civita di Bagnoregio, the jewel on the hill
- Marvel at the priceless masterpieces of Da Vinci and Botticelli with a Florence Uffizi Gallery tour, and catch a glimpse of Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’ Accademia on a Florence private walking tour
- Visit the Verona of Shakespear’s Romeo and Juliet
- Take a private tour of Pompeii, a thriving commercial town until Mt. Vesuvius erupted in AD79
- Marvel at the gardens on the Borromean Island of Lake Maggiore
- Experience a special event like the Palio in Siena
- Visit Siracusa Sicily and take a “passegiatta” in the old town
- Give a toast in “The Spy Who Loved Me” bar in Sardinia
- Drink Limoncello on an Amalfi Coast tour
- Visit the best preserved Greek temples on the Italian mainland through a Paestum tour
- Take a tour of Matera, the location of the Mel Gibson film The Passion of Christ
- Make pasta in Bologna, the food capital of Italy
- Visit one of the world’s smallest countries with a San Marino tour
- Hunt for truffles in Umbria or Piemonte
- Visit the lovely coastal town of Portovenere
- Discover the world-renowned wine regions of Italy: Valpolicella, Prosecco, Chianti, Barolo
- Eat the world’s best pizza in Naples
PRIVATE TOUR IDEAS
Look through my selection of personally crafted private tour itineraries showcasing the best of Italy.Treat these Tour Ideas as inspiration, because your trip will be customized just for you. Possibilities are endless, as unique as you and your group. Whether you’re a foodie looking to venture off the beaten path or a first-timer aiming to soak up the highlights, a rich, authentic vacation is at your fingertips.
With me as your dedicated Tour Manager, you will have insider access to the Italian way of life while I take care of every detail on the ground. For those who prefer more independence while traveling, my personalized itinerary packages offer a full service travel experience with expert planning, on-the-ground support and private guided tours.
You can choose to go it alone, or you can choose to feel like a local. That’s the Travels with Audrey difference and why those who travel with Audrey never travel any other way again. Don’t just take our word for it: read what our clients are saying about us.
Let’s start planning today!
Sign up for Europulse News
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration.