This exclusive off the beaten path Italy tour itinerary was designed for Timothy and Janet from Seattle, Washington, with myself, Audrey, as their driver-guide. Tim and Janet wished for me to create an itinerary unlike anyone else’s, which is my specialty, and so I did! It was wonderful to be able to share and show them the Italy that few get to see and experience as well as a few must-see sites they had on their wish list. This is is one of the many examples of what Travels with Audrey can do for you in Italy. All tours are custom-designed and private.
Watch the video of their experience below:
Regions visited on this itinerary: LAZIO, UMBRIA, TUSCANY, LIGURIA, PIEDMONT
-3 nights in Rome, in the historical heart of the city with views of the Pantheon
-1 night near Orvieto, in a country wine Boutique Hotel
-2 nights near Assisi, in an agriturismo
-1 night in the Maremma near Bolgheri, in an agriturismo
-2 nights in a historic castle in Sestri Levante on the Italian Riviera
-3 nights near Alba in Piemonte on a hazelnut farm
Places visited and exclusive experiences:
- Private guided tours of the Roman Forum, Colosseum and the Vatican
- Etruscan Necropolis at Cerveteri
- Pitigliano tuffa town in the Maremma of Tuscany
- 5 course dinner paired with wine tasting near Orvieto
- Civita di Bagnoregio, Assisi, Santa Maria degli Angeli
- Full day exclusive truffle hunting day in the hills of Umbria followed by a visit to Montefalco located in the center of Umbrian wine country – below is the video of their truffle hunting experience
- The town of Cortona
- Abbey of San Galgano
- Exclusive wine tasting in the Maremma of Tuscany near Bolgheri
- Pisa for the leaning tower
- Sestri Levante, Cinque Terre and Portovenere
- Piemonte with its 3 premier wine regions of Italy, Langhe, Roero and Monferrat (Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Arneis, Asti Spumante exclusive wine tastings)
- Culinary delights in each region including olive oil tasting and raw meat paired with wine tasting (a Piemonte specialty)
- Market day in Alba, Piemonte (Birth of Slow Food movement)
- Visits to the towns of La Morra, Serralunga d’Alba and its castle, Barolo, Diano d’Alba
Total tour package cost per person $5,337USD not including flights
After some research online we found and liked your website and decided you would be a good fit for the kind of tour we had in mind, which entailed the availability of a driver-guide who could confidently drive us around well-known and lesser-known regions of Italy allowing us to discover little known locations and enjoy wonderful food and delicious wines along the way. The best part of it was the complete ability to let the trip just happen, without having to worry about anything. From driving itineraries to hotels, private guided tours in Rome and the Vatican to wine tastings and suggestions for places to eat, Audrey took care of it all for us.
I would absolutely recommend Travels with Audrey, especially if you are looking for a private tour and do not want the hassle of planning or driving in a foreign country.
Audrey introduced us to parts of Italy we did not know existed! Our understanding and appreciation for Italy are now so much deeper that we would like to go back and re-visit some of those areas. By far the most notable experience included observing the truffle hunting dogs at work in Umbria. We then had the opportunity to watch fresh pasta being made from scratch followed by a hearty lunch, accompanied by good local wines. All of this at their private home as if we part of their family. Wild boar home smoked “salame”, fresh pasta with a delicious truffle sauce…all of it conspired to creating lots of very fond memories!