This customized private tour package for Italy was designed for Jean and Alan from Colorado. Not only had they expressed an interest in seeing Venice and Rome, but also a few places beyond the beaten path as well as the opportunity to play some Golf near Rome. After one-on-one consultations and listening to what they were looking for in their vacation, here is what their all inclusive package to Italy included:
10 nights in hand-picked classic accommodations with private bath or shower, including daily Breakfast. Lodging in the heart of the city: There is a difference between centrally-located hotels and Heart of City hotels. No taxis or shuttles required when you’re in the historical heart of the cities and villages.
- 2 nights in the historical heart of Naples, walking distance to major sites
- 4 nights in historical heart of Rome, waking distance to major sites
- 1 night in historical San Marino, waking distance to the famous towers
- 3 nights in Venice, in a historical palazzo walking distance from Piazza San Marco
- Private transfer from Naples airport to Naples hotel and from Naples Hotel to Napoli Centrale train station
- Train tickets from Naples to Rome, economy class
- Private walking tours with English speaking local experts of Herculaneum, Pompeii, Rome (Colosseum, Roman Forum, Jewish Quarter), Vatican city (museum, Sistine Chapel and Venice (Doge Palace, Bridge of Sighs and Saint Mark’s Basilica), Ravenna and entrance fees to see the Byzantine mosaics
- Preferred access tickets to The Doge Palace and Basilica San Marco in Venice (Enjoy included admission to Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana at your leisure), Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican museums and Sistine chapel
- Full day private tour with guides and entrances fees to Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Tickets for the Scavi tour which include a guided visit of St John’s Basilica
- Wine tasting in Umbria
- Private transfer by Audrey for 2 days (from Rome to Venice with one overnight in San Marino)
- Private transfer from Venice Piazzale Roma to your hotel in Venice
Jean and Allan’s additional comments on their experience with Audrey
- What is it that you feel you get by traveling with me that you would not get with another company?
Your personal attention to details to accommodate our itinerary with additional choices offered, which we were able to take advantage of. We changed our itinerary several times before our final one. You were so easy to work with, helping us in making our decisions where to go and what to see and do, so that it felt like our personal vacation, not a “canned” one. You left us enough free time to explore on our own. Our accommodations were centrally located so that we could walk any where to see local sites and attractions. You were very easy to contact while we were on our trip when we had questions. Your personal guides were personable, friendly, accommodating and extremely knowledgeable. You went above and beyond helping us with what we wanted to see and do in Italy. You spent personal time with us and were a great source of information both historical and cultural. It also helped that you knew the language.
- Travels with Audrey is all about helping clients travel to Europe by offering unique, personalized and culturally enriching travel experiences. Offering immersion into the culture and off the beaten path experiences. Do you feel that you had this with me in Italy? Yes, DEFINITELY. If so what experiences do you feel gave you that connection with the locals, gave you that feeling that you had a wonderful experience of connecting even for a little while with the locals, gaining an understanding of the local culture.
Most importantly, the placement of outstanding boutique hotels, which allowed us to mix with locals as we walked around surrounding areas away from tourist attractions. We were able to experience the local people and culture. It was nice to dine in local eateries and visit the “Locals” Italy and not the “Tourists” Italy. Our personal tour guides were a wonderful source of cultural and historical information even making local dining suggestions. Our “Cichetti” bar crawl with Audrey in Venice was the ultimate immersion into the local life. When we travel to Europe again, we will without a doubt use “Travels With Audrey”.
Customized private tour package for Italy cost $3,836USD per person for 11 days/10 nights not including International Flights