In April this year, my wonderful group of return clients from Texas and Oklahoma, arrived in Frankfurt for my first tour of this year’s season. They had traveled with me to Italy and France in previous years and this year they chose to entrust their vacation with me for an exciting itinerary “European Discovery”: 23 days in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy. Places visited were: Cochem on the Mosel, Worms, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Oberammergau, Munich, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Innsbruck, Pontresina, Valtellina, Lake Como, Castelvetro di Modena, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, Pienza, Montalcino, Deruta, Orvieto and Montefalco then flying home from Rome.
Here is what was included in this customized private guided tour to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy:
79.5 miles of walking
40 rail miles
2,2200 driving miles
- 2 nights on the Mosel River near Cochem
- 1 night in Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- 2 nights in Oberammergau
- 2 nights in Munich
- 2 nights in Salzburg (historical heart of the city)
- 1 night in Innsbruck
- 1 night in Pontesina
- 2 nights in Varenna at a private villa
- 2 nights in Castelvetro di Modena
- 3 nights in Florence
- 1 night near Montalcino in an “Agriturismo”
- 2 nights near Orvieto at Locanda Palazzonein a wine resort
- 1 night in Fiumicino with airport shuttle
This is is one of the many examples of what I can do for clients in Europe. All private tours are custom-designed and personally hosted by me, Audrey.
This all-inclusive package included 22 nights including breakfasts at personally chosen properties and the following experiences:
- Wine tasting on the Mosel river and visit of Burg Eltz
- Rothenbug ob der Tauber Christmas shopping
- Full day private guided castle tour and entrance fees to Neuschwanstein, and Linderhof + visit Wieskirche
- Private guided walking tour in Munich including public transportation and lunch at a beer garden
- Private guided walking tour in Salzburg including entrance fees to Mozart’s birthplace and Hohensalzburg
- Private guided tour to Berchtesgaden and Eagles’ nest (lunch stop cost not included)
- Tickets for the dinner and concert at Hohensalzburg castle
- Bernina Express train tickets from Pontresina, Switzerland, to Tirano, Italy
- Wine tasting in the Valtellina valley including lunch
- Private boat ride on Lake Como with visit to Villa Balbianello
- Culinary experiences of the Emilia-Romagna region: tours and tastings for traditional aceto balsamico, parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto di Parma
- Visit of the Enzo Ferrari museum
- Private pasta cooking class in Emilia-Romagna
- Private guided walking tour of Siena including entrance fees to the Duomo
- Private guided walking tour in Florence including skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia
- Wine tasting with light lunch at Audrey’s special location, in the heart of the Chianti Classico and the Sagrantino wine route (goat cheese maker and wine maker) near Montefalco as well as wine tasting for the Brunello di Montalcino
TESTIMONIAL FROM BILL, GAIL, TOM, LIL & BRUCE
Thank you, Audrey for the “perfect tour” of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Our merry little band of “over 70” year olds would have never made this trip on our own, nor would we have tolerated a big bus tour. Your planning, time management and adjustments to our daily needs and itinerary were invaluable. We especially enjoyed your personalized booklet as it was a great resource for our pre-trip travel planning. The daily tour information with history and highlights of all our destinations was also very helpful. The museums, boat and train rides, castles, wine tastings and your little surprises were enjoyed by all. Most of all we got to enjoy these countries through all the food experiences you planned. The Parmigiano-Reggiano, Balsamic Vinegar and Prosciutto tours were all interesting and tasty. Speaking of food, all the restaurants you took us to for lunch and dinner were over the top when it came to ambiance, scenic views and crazy good food. We dinned everywhere from a ski gondola to a wine cave to hillside restaurants – fantastic. These are just a few reasons we chose you for the second time to guide us on our lengthy tour. Lastly, thank you for driving us over 2,200 miles, through 4 countries, in a span of 3 weeks so we could enjoy the beautiful countryside of these amazing countries….and did I mention the FOOD. This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us that we all enjoyed and could not imagine entrusting anyone but you with coordinating this trip. You have spoiled us rotten when it comes to traveling. Thank you for everything!
Tour Manager Services, Audrey De Monte
WHAT DOES A DRIVER-GUIDE, TOUR MANAGER DO?
Traveling with a tour manager means you have a built-in concierge during your trip. The tour manager makes sure the logistics of your trip go smoothly from hotels to transportation, helps you with special requests along the way, offers cultural information and travel tips (being a local expert), offers orientation walks in various locations on tour, walks you to that market or site that might be hard to find on your own, recommends favorite restaurants, helps you arrange your plans for your free time and is there for you in case of safety or security issues.
Planning a trip to Europe?
Would you like to travel with a driver-guide, a translator, your connection to the local culture, without investing all the time and research necessary to arrange it? I can help with that! I specialize in creating authentic trip experiences with customized itineraries for private guided tours. Contact me to discuss the possibilities. I would love to help you make your vacation a truly unique experience.