Designing European Itineraries With You In Mind
Too busy to do all the research and planning necessary to put together a great trip to Europe? Or maybe you’ve never traveled abroad and you’re just not quite sure where to start. It takes time and energy to plan a great European vacation. It also takes a great deal of knowledge. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information you find when researching for your holiday in Europe. You want to see the highlights, but you also want special, unique experiences that help immerse you in the local culture. As Lonely Planet author Robert Reid says, "Even if you could find some of these special experiences yourself, a tour operator can save you hours of research." We can take the work and worry out of travel planning, and make what can be a challenging and time-consuming process easy and fun.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Whether you have a specific itinerary in mind or just a few ideas, at Travels with Audrey, we help you by creating a tailor-made itinerary that gives you and your travel companions the chance to focus on just those things that are most enjoyable to you. You can choose to base your tailor-made experiences on one of my recommended ready-to-book private tour packages with a few additions or alterations, or I can craft an entirely new itinerary, designed to maximize your vacation.
Custom Itinerary Packages stay true to the company’s spirit, specializing in boutique-style travel unlike anything you will find elsewhere. We take you not only to famous landmarks, but also to lesser-known regional areas, so you will have truly unique authentic experiences from the food you eat to the accommodation you stay in. You can literally sit back and enjoy the ride, safe in the knowledge that all the planning and logistics have been taken care of, leaving you free to create lifelong memories with your friends or family. Each personalized itinerary is filled with just the right mix of sightseeing, cultural experiences and free independent time that strengthens family or friendship bonds. We want you to truly experience the countries you visit in Europe, and be able to really pay attention to your surroundings, not just read about them. We strive to provide you with the information you need, so that you can return from your holiday with great stories and amazing memories.
With Travels with Audrey, you can travel independently in style without going it alone. There’s nothing like it. Why travel any other way?
Visit the blog to peruse itineraries from past clients or read testimonials from many travelers who booked a personalized itinerary package from Audrey.
CUSTOM ITINERARY PACKAGES
When you purchase the Custom Itinerary Package, we will plan your day-to-day itinerary in Europe with all your personal preferences in mind. The itinerary will be unique to you and your travel companions, whether you are traveling as a couple, as friends, or as a multi-generational family.
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU:
• Book all land arrangements: meet and greet services, hand-picked locally owned accommodations, chosen activities, licensed tour guides and ground transportation
• Provide a detailed itinerary which includes all the information and details you will need for your trip
• Give you an information packet which includes everything from country information to tipping advice. We’ll recommend restaurants we’ve visited personally, giving you more than just what’s popular on online review sites
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Custom itineraries are developed as a tour package. We handle all the logistics for your land arrangements to make your vacation run flawlessly from arrival to departure. Audrey will consult extensively with you to determine your needs and preferences in order to create a detailed customized itinerary just for you. Pricing is determined by the number of guests on tour, choice of accommodations, meals, planned activities, expert local guides, local ground transportation, length of stay and additional options chosen. Please take note that our custom vacation plans will not be itemized, and we only accept full-service planning when hotel reservations are part of the itinerary.
The process is simple…
- Book your initial travel consultation with Audrey. Discussing your vacation will be a fun experience and will give us an opportunity to discern if we are a good fit for one another. During your call, Audrey will ask you about your interests and the interests of your traveling companions, your desires for the trip, and your ages and energy levels. Have you traveled to Europe before? If so, which countries did you visit? What would make your trip perfect, or what do you envision as your ideal day while on vacation? What are some of your must-see places and experiences you wish to have included.
- Review your draft itinerary. Audrey will put together a recommended overall itinerary (outline first draft) for you to review that will incorporate the things you wished for, plus some extras she thinks you’ll love. You might say, “Yes, let’s go for it!” or you might want to discuss a few things, tweak some items, or compare different options. If needed, a second draft will be presented. You’ll be able to choose whether you’d like that Vatican tour to be with a private guide, or whether you’d prefer joining a small group tour. On the other hand, maybe you just want us to buy you skip the line tickets and you’ll be fine renting a headset. And for that cooking class: we want to know whether you would love to begin with a trip to the market, or maybe you’re looking for less hands-on cooking and more eating. At the end of this phase, you’ll know what the highlights of your European trip are, you’ll know how long you’ll stay in each place, and you’ll know how to travel from one place to another.
- Confirm booking and process payment. Once the itinerary draft is agreed upon, Audrey will price your itinerary package. We can’t move to this step until specific dates are confirmed and flights are booked. Once the price of the tour package quote has been approved, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total per-person tour price (not including the design fee) will be due, in order to proceed with booking all of the components of your European vacation. The balance is due 90 days prior to your departure. As bookings are subject to availability, the sooner a trip is confirmed, the better the availability.
- Start packing. Within 60 days of your departure date, Audrey will send you Travels with Audrey luggage tags, provide you with an electronic final package and personalized phone app containing your day-by-day itinerary, vouchers, tickets, and names/phone numbers for all guides and drivers – and she always includes a list of our recommended restaurants for your evenings at leisure. Information about all hotels, activities, logistics, and restaurants will be in your written itinerary, at your fingertips while you’re on the road. You will have everything you need for a truly memorable, worry-free vacation!
You will also receive destination tips, including recommendations on what to see in your free time, packing, tipping, driving or taking the train, doing laundry, and more. You’ll depart for your vacation as an independent traveler, but with a completely personalized custom vacation. And Audrey is available to answer your questions during the entire process. All you have to do is sit back, and enjoy your fabulous travels!
Yes, in order to take advantage of our expertise planning a custom itinerary, we do charge a trip planning fee. To begin the planning process, we require a signed contract and a non-refundable design fee of $500.00 (for groups of up to 6 people; for larger groups, please inquire).
In a world of constant changes, please note that our quoted costs are merely informative, as all services have to be confirmed at the time of the booking. Quotes are valid up to 15 days from the date they are sent and they may require modifications.
Hotel availability and prices cannot be guaranteed until they are booked and may not be fully protected at the time of the quote. Some hotel rates fluctuate almost every day.
While pricing across custom itineraries can vary, our bespoke trips typically start at $350 per person per day, inclusive of accommodations, private excursions, transfers and our dedicated planning services.
Sign up for Europulse News
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration.