Designing European Itineraries With You In Mind
Use Audrey's lifetime of experience traveling, living and working in Europe to help you design your own amazing immersion journey.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Too busy to do all the research and planning necessary to put together a great trip to Europe? Or maybe you’ve never traveled abroad and you’re just not quite sure where to start. It takes time and energy to plan a great European vacation. It also takes a great deal of knowledge. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the information you find when researching for your holiday in Europe. You want to see the highlights, but you also want special, unique experiences that help immerse you in the local culture. As Lonely Planet author Robert Reid says, "Even if you could find some of these special experiences yourself, a tour operator can save you hours of research." We can take the work and worry out of travel planning, and make what can be a challenging and time-consuming process easy and fun.
CUSTOM ITINERARY PACKAGES
Whether you have a specific itinerary in mind or just a few ideas, at Travels with Audrey, we help you by creating a tailor-made itinerary that gives you and your travel companions the chance to focus on the experiences that are most enjoyable to you. You can choose to base your tailor-made experiences on one of my recommended ready-to-book private tour packages with a few additions or alterations, or we can craft an entirely new itinerary.
Custom Itinerary Packages stay true to the company’s spirit, specializing in boutique-style travel unlike anything you will find elsewhere. We take you not only to famous landmarks, but also to lesser-known regional areas, so you will have truly unique authentic experiences from the food you eat to the accommodation you stay in. You can literally sit back and enjoy the ride, safe in the knowledge that all the planning and logistics have been taken care of, leaving you free to create lifelong memories with your friends or family. Each personalized itinerary is filled with just the right mix of sightseeing, cultural experiences and free time that strengthens family or friendship bonds. We want you to truly experience the countries you visit in Europe, and be able to really pay attention to your surroundings, not just read about them. We strive to ensure you return from your holiday with great stories and amazing memories.
With Travels with Audrey, you can travel independently in style without going it alone. There’s nothing like it. Why travel any other way?
Check out the links below to peruse itineraries from families and couples who chose to explore Italy, France, Spain and Portugal alongside Audrey and read their testimonials.
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU:
When you purchase the Custom Itinerary Package, we will plan your day-to-day itinerary in Europe with all your personal preferences in mind. The itinerary will be unique to you and your travel companions, whether you are traveling as a couple, as friends, or as a multi-generational family.
Your package includes:
- A detailed day-by-day itinerary
- Daily Breakfast
- Your lodging (hotel, villa, apartment or farm house/agriturismo)
- Activities such as privately guided tours, cooking lessons, wine tastings, bike rides, castle tours, museum visits with pre-reserved entrance times (no waiting in line to see Michelangelo's David!)
- Recommendations for wonderful little out of the way family-run restaurants and for restaurants that are worth the splurge
- Unique and magical places and people you would never find on your own
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Custom itineraries are developed as a tour package. We handle all the logistics for your land arrangements to make your vacation run flawlessly from arrival to departure. Audrey will consult extensively with you to determine your needs and preferences in order to create a detailed customized itinerary just for you. Pricing is determined by the number of guests on tour, choice of accommodations, meals, planned activities, expert local guides, local ground transportation, length of stay and additional options chosen. Please take note that our custom vacation plans will not be itemized, and we only accept full-service planning when hotel reservations are part of the itinerary.
The process is simple…
- Book your initial travel consultation with Audrey. Discussing your vacation will be a fun experience and will give us an opportunity to discern if we are a good fit for one another. During your call, Audrey will ask you about your interests and the interests of your traveling companions, your desires for the trip, learn about your abilities, your preferences on accommodations and travel style. Have you traveled to Europe before? If so, which countries did you visit? What would make your trip perfect, or what do you envision as your ideal day while on vacation? What are some of your must-see places and experiences you wish to have included.
- Review your draft itinerary. Audrey will put together a recommended overall itinerary (outline first draft) for you to review that will incorporate the things you wished for, plus some extras she thinks you’ll love. You might say, “Yes, let’s go for it!” or you might want to discuss a few things, tweak some items, or compare different options. If needed, a second draft will be presented. You’ll be able to choose, for example, whether you’d like that Vatican tour to be with a private guide, or whether you’d prefer joining a small group tour. At the end of this phase, you’ll know what the highlights of your European trip are, you’ll know how long you’ll stay in each place and you’ll know how to travel from one place to another.
- Confirm booking and process payment. Once the itinerary draft is agreed upon, Audrey will price your itinerary package. We can’t move to this step until specific dates are confirmed and flights are booked. Once the price of the tour package quote has been approved, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total per-person tour price (not including the design fee) will be due, in order to proceed with booking all of the components of your European vacation. The balance is due 90 days prior to your departure. As bookings are subject to availability, the sooner a trip is confirmed, the better the availability.
- Start packing. Within 60 days of your departure date, Audrey will send you Travels with Audrey luggage tags, vouchers, tickets and provide you with a detailed itinerary containing your day-by-day activities, hotel information, names/phone numbers for all guides and drivers – and she always includes a list of her recommended restaurants. You will have everything you need for a truly memorable, worry-free vacation!
You will also receive destination tips, including recommendations on what to see in your free time, packing, tipping, taking the train, doing laundry, and more. You’ll depart for your vacation as an independent traveler, but with a completely personalized custom vacation. And Audrey is available to answer your questions during the entire process. All you have to do is sit back, and enjoy your fabulous travels!
Yes, in order to take advantage of our expertise planning a custom itinerary, we do charge a trip planning fee. To begin the planning process, we require a signed contract and a non-refundable design fee of $500.00 (for groups of up to 6 people; for larger groups, please inquire). If you book the trip the $500.00 will be returned to you or deducted from your final bill.
In a world of constant changes, please note that our quoted costs are merely informative, as all services have to be confirmed at the time of the booking. Quotes are valid up to 15 days from the date they are sent and they may require modifications.
Hotel availability and prices cannot be guaranteed until they are booked and may not be fully protected at the time of the quote. Some hotel rates fluctuate almost every day.
While pricing across custom itineraries can vary, our bespoke trips typically start at $350 per person per day, inclusive of accommodations, private excursions, transfers and our dedicated planning services.
What is not included in your custom itinerary package:
- Airfare is not included in the tour package price
- Lunches and dinners (unless requested or part of a special experience included in the package)
- Items of a personal nature (i.e. laundry, phone calls)
- Personal, health and travel insurance
- Optional Excursions in your free time
- Excess baggage charges and porterage
- Gratuities to chauffeurs and local expert guides
- Incidental expenses, such as room service incurred at hotels. All expenses are to be settled prior to leaving the accommodation
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.