Traveling with Peace of Mind
Travel With Peace of Mind When the Time is Right...
As the world begins to open up for international travel, we are starting to plan vacations for clients for the fall of 2021 as conditions permit. At all times, however, the well-being of our guests and team members on tour will continue to be our highest priority. To that end, we will be taking significant steps to maintain a healthy environment for travel, establishing protocols for all facets of our cultural immersion & private tours, as outlined below.
At Travels with Audrey, we are a family. A family company of dedicated employees, guides, hoteliers, partners, and most importantly you, our guests. When you travel with us, you can rest assured that you are in good hands, as our team actively monitors the state of travel throughout Italy and Spain, while taking all necessary precautions and adaptive measures to ensure that you and those you will encounter stay healthy. As we personally host every vacation and private tour, you will have our guidance and the highest level of care in real time during your trip. So when the time is right, we look forward to welcoming you in Europe.
And while we know that travel will look different going forward, we also want to ensure that you still will enjoy an engaging and enlightening experience, with opportunities for spontaneous activities and events.
We appreciate your interest in traveling on one of our tours. Our happy clients continue to be excited about their future trips, even if they might be a little later than they had hoped for. Good things come to those who wait!
At Travels with Audrey, we charge a design & planning fee for our time and expertise. This allows us to be incredibly flexible to create a completely tailored European experience.
- We require a 30% deposit once you agree on the customized itinerary with full payment due 60 days prior to your departure.
- If the trip is cancelled, all fees paid are credited to a future itinerary.
For bookings paid in full: For any guest who wishes to reschedule their private tour (based on availability), we will issue a travel credit for the new travel dates. This credit is equal to the amount already paid, minus non-refundable items. Rescheduled trips need to be booked and completed by 12/31/2022 and are subject to rate changes based on your new travel dates. Please note that, should you wish to cancel and not reschedule, the 30% deposit remains non-refundable as per our Terms and Conditions and you can claim this amount with your travel insurance.
- Travels with Audrey will not guarantee the present exchange rate, from Euro into American/Canadian dollars.
- Any changes to the Itinerary will be add-ons and charged accordingly.
- If changes require the use of different suppliers than quoted in the original tour, you will incur further expenses due to lack of space with the quoted supplier.
- Should the suppliers’ rates increase for the 2021/2022 season, you will incur the difference.
- The tour must be completed by 12/31/2022. Travels with Audrey will rebook the tour one time only. Should you decide not to take the tour by the designated date, the original deposit will be 100% non-refundable.
Small, local, well-connected mean more than ever
Many of the companies in the tour business are now stating that they will limit the size of their groups and visit less crowded destinations as a reaction to Covid-19. That is great, but our company has always conducted cultural immersion and private tours for groups of 4 to 12 guests, so we are already smaller than those new “smaller groups”.
In a time period when you are probably looking for a genuine, authentic, experience, our fully private guided tours are truly the most boutique in the industry. Many companies tell you that they are well-connected and then they hand off the operations of your trip to another company they pay to operate your vacation. That’s one way to operate a tour company, certainly, but it’s not the way we like to travel. Audrey, your tour leader, is a LOCAL. We only work with vendors who follow health and safety COVID-19 protocols. The hotels we book, the local guides we use, the drivers we hire – and more – are all people and organizations we have had relationships with for years.
Travel in the "new normal" - Our Safety Protocols
We are committed to following the guidelines of the State Department, CDC, WHO, and authorities of respective countries regarding travel to a particular destination.
Prior to your Tour
We strongly recommend that guests purchase a travel protection plan to protect themselves in the event they fall ill prior to the tour and need to cancel, for medical coverage while on tour, and for trip interruption should it be necessary to miss part of the tour because of illness.
Travelers are now required to offer us one of the following printed and/or digital verifications upon arrival:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days prior to travel
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test (NAAT/PCR or antigen) result within 72-hours of travel
- Proof of recovery from a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within three (3) months of travel
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and most airlines are implementing their own health and safety precautions, including conducting physical distancing plans, health screenings and temperature checks prior to boarding, and mandatory face coverings. You can learn more about individual airlines’ details on their websites.
Upon Arrival at Your Destination
As we personally host every vacation and private tour, you will have our guidance and the highest level of care in real time during your trip. The first person you’ll meet to start your trip is your expert local leader, Audrey.
Upon arrival we will use non-contact thermometers to check temperatures. If a guest demonstrates symptoms of being unwell, he/she will be directed to receive medical attention and will not be permitted to continue until deemed safe to do so by a physician.
During your Tour
While local conditions may vary based on the destination, the timing, and nature of the tour, the protocols below will be followed (with additional safety protocols implemented where necessary):
- Face coverings will be required for all guests, tour directors, local guides, coach drivers, and other service providers coming into contact with our group
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the tour
- On tours that utilize headsets (“Whispers”), your individual headset will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the tour and sanitizer will be provided to allow for regular cleaning
- Visits to tourist venues will be planned to assure proper distancing; your tour manager and local host will assess local conditions (and possible crowds) to adjust both time and length of visits
- Daily vehicle cleaning. Every evening, so that each day you start your morning in a fresh clean environment, your vehicle is cleaned thoroughly using products and disinfectants that meet requirements for effectiveness against COVID-19.
- Like you, we love hotels that are small boutique properties that are locally owned and operated. Countries around the world are requiring a new set of strict guidelines for hotels to follow. Enhanced safety measures include new safety training for all staff that complies with current safety guidelines, and cleaning regimens of public spaces throughout the hotel as well as guest rooms and suites. Our hoteliers follow the local requirements of their state and country.
- For dining, small intimate tables have always been our preference during meals. That will continue and you can expect to have additional options as well. We are also known for memorable outdoor picnics and al fresco dining experiences, so expect a number of these during your trip.
- Guests who develop cold or flu symptoms while on tour will be required to immediately seek professional medical care. Whether it is a pharmacy, a doctor visit, or a hospital stay, one of us is there, period. We are there to translate, to help, to communicate with family back home, and help our guest get whatever care they need. We believe to leave a guest to figure out how to deal with that kind of thing in a foreign country is unconscionable, period.
Travels with Audrey Tour Guests
In order to provide a safe travel experience for our guests, we need your help, as well. Hand hygiene, physical distancing, the wearing of face masks, and monitoring your own health symptoms will go a long way toward creating a healthy environment on tour.
Before returning home from your vacation
Effective January 26, and until further notice, the CDC requires that anyone flying into the U.S. by air from any foreign destination has to show a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival stateside. We will assist with incorporating testing into the last few days of each tour. In most cases, tests will be conducted in the comfort of your hotel room, and results fast-tracked. And it will be in your hands, well in advance of boarding your flight home.
And you’ll need to fill out this form before you fly.
In the past few months, the Coronavirus has presented an unprecedented global challenge that has significantly impacted all aspects of our daily lives, businesses and communities. There is a lot of uncertainty and misinformation being circulated about the virus. We hope to help you stay informed with the most accurate information on the travel restrictions issued by European & U.S. governments. We recommend these trusted sources:
- World Health Organization: WHO on COVID-19: COVID-19 Updates from WHO & Advice & Guidance
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Travel Information and Restrictions: U.S. State Department
- US Embassy & consulates in Italy: COVID 19 related information
- US Embassy & consulates in Spain: COVID 19 related information
- Global travel reopening tracker: HEADOUT
- Re-open EU: Official website of the European Union
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.