Traveling with Peace of Mind
Travel With Peace of Mind
In these uncertain times, Travels with Audrey remains committed to ensuring the highest level of collective safety and individual comfort for our travelers, local partners, and team members. When you travel with us, you can rest assured that you are in good hands, as our team actively monitors the state of travel throughout Italy and Spain, while taking all necessary precautions and adaptive measures to ensure that you and those you will encounter stay healthy. As we personally host every vacation and private tour, you will have our guidance and the highest level of care in real time during your trip.
Flexible Booking Policy on new bookings
Travel is on the horizon – for added peace of mind, we are offering a 100% Flexible Booking Guarantee on all future trips, so that you can reschedule if needed. No hassle, no penalties. We can’t wait to show you the very best Italy and Spain have to offer.
At Travels with Audrey, we charge a design & planning fee for our time and expertise. This allows us to be incredibly flexible to create a completely tailored European experience.
For bookings paid in full: For any guest who wishes to reschedule their private tour (based on availability), we will issue a travel credit for the new travel dates. This credit is equal to the amount already paid, minus non-refundable items. Rescheduled trips need to be booked and completed by 12/31/2022 and are subject to rate changes based on your new travel dates. Please note that, should you wish to cancel and not reschedule, the 30% deposit remains non-refundable as per our Terms and Conditions and you can claim this amount with your travel insurance.
For new bookings and those not yet paid in full: To ease pre-trip stress, we are also now offering guests more payment flexibility. We have shortened the final payment window from 90 days to 45 days, prior to departure. This gives you more time and flexibility should your plans change.
- Travels with Audrey will not guarantee the present exchange rate, from Euro into American/Canadian dollars.
- Any changes to the Itinerary will be add-ons and charged accordingly.
- If changes require the use of different suppliers than quoted in the original tour, you will incur further expenses due to lack of space with the quoted supplier.
- Should the suppliers’ rates increase for the 2021/2022 season, you will incur the difference.
- The tour must be completed by 12/31/2022. Travels with Audrey will rebook the tour one time only. Should you decide not to take the tour by the designated date, the original deposit will be 100% non-refundable.
Standard Policy: Upon acceptance by Travels with Audrey of the 30% non-refundable deposit (Initial Tour Payment), the signed Liability Waiver and the completed Guest Registration form, dates for the private tour are considered fully purchased and are not subject to cancellation. Trip cancellation and interruption insurance is highly recommended to protect you and your investment in the event of the cancellation, postponement, or discontinuation of the Tour.
Small, local, well-connected mean more than ever
Many of the companies in the tour business are now stating that they will limit the size of their groups and visit less crowded destinations as a reaction to Covid-19. That is great, but our company has always conducted private tours & cultural vacations for groups of 4 to 12 guests, so we are already smaller than those new “smaller groups”.
In a time period when you are probably looking for a genuine, authentic, experience, our fully private guided tours are truly the most boutique in the industry. Many companies tell you that they are well-connected and then they hand off the operations of your trip to another company they pay to operate your vacation. That’s one way to operate a tour company, certainly, but it’s not the way we like to travel. Audrey, your tour leader, is a LOCAL. We only work with vendors who follow health and safety COVID-19 protocols. The hotels we book, the local guides we use, the drivers we hire – and more – are all people and organizations we have had relationships with for years.
Customized Private Tours or Cultural Vacations
Enjoy the added peace of mind of being in the trusted hands of a dedicated tour leader, owner and local host Audrey, for the entirety of the trip. Your host will be adaptive, knowledgeable about the latest local conditions, and tuned in to the wellbeing and needs of the group. Both our customized private tours and cultural vacations offer you comfort, peace of mind as you travel with each trip carefully designed to be seamless, safe and personalized to your needs and those of your small group of friends and family.
Travel in the "new normal"
What to know before you depart on your vacation and traveling with peace of mind during your trip.
Travelers are now required to offer us one of the following printed and/or digital verifications upon arrival:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days prior to travel
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test (NAAT/PCR or antigen) result within 72-hours of travel
- Proof of recovery from a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis within three (3) months of travel
Our Safety Protocols
Vehicle Cleaning Daily
Between each tour, vehicles are subjected to rigorous cleaning to completely decontaminate them. Every evening, so that each day you start your morning in a fresh clean environment, your vehicle is cleaned thoroughly using products and disinfectants that meet requirements for effectiveness against COVID-19.
During your trip
- The first person you’ll meet to start your trip is your expert local leader, Audrey.
- Like you, we love hotels that are small boutique properties that are locally owned and operated. Countries around the world are requiring a new set of strict guidelines for hotels to follow. Enhanced safety measures include new safety training for all staff that complies with current safety guidelines, and cleaning regimens of public spaces throughout the hotel as well as guest rooms and suites. Our hoteliers follow the local requirements of their state and country.
- For dining, small intimate tables have always been our preference during meals. That will continue and you can expect to have additional options as well. We are also known for memorable outdoor picnics and al fresco dining experiences, so expect a number of these during your trip.
- On tours that utilize headsets (“Whispers”), your individual headset will be thoroughly sanitized prior to the tour and sanitizer will be provided to allow for regular cleaning.
- None of our team will be in contact with any guests or other members of the team if they are sick.
- Guests who develop cold or flu symptoms while on tour will be required to immediately seek professional medical care. Whether it is a pharmacy, a doctor visit, or a hospital stay, one of us is there, period. We are there to translate, to help, to communicate with family back home, and help our guest get whatever care they need. We believe to leave a guest to figure out how to deal with that kind of thing in a foreign country is unconscionable, period.
- All included features and activities to popular locations or sites will be rearranged to avoid large crowds—this may mean that we will arrive early or visit the location later in the day.
Before returning home from your vacation
Effective January 26, and until further notice, the CDC requires that anyone flying into the U.S. by air from any foreign destination has to show a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival stateside. We will assist with incorporating testing into the last few days of each tour. In most cases, tests will be conducted in the comfort of your hotel room, and results fast-tracked. And it will be in your hands, well in advance of boarding your flight home.
And you’ll need to fill out this form before you fly.
In the past few months, the Coronavirus has presented an unprecedented global challenge that has significantly impacted all aspects of our daily lives, businesses and communities. There is a lot of uncertainty and misinformation being circulated about the virus. We hope to help you stay informed with the most accurate information on the travel restrictions issued by European & U.S. governments. We recommend these trusted sources:
- World Health Organization: WHO on COVID-19: COVID-19 Updates from WHO & Advice & Guidance
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Travel Information and Restrictions: U.S. State Department
- US Embassy & consulates in Italy: COVID 19 related information
- US Embassy & consulates in Spain: COVID 19 related information
- Global travel reopening tracker: HEADOUT
- Re-open EU: Official website of the European Union
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.