Message from Audrey
At Travels with Audrey we are a family. A family company of dedicated employees, guides, hoteliers, partners, and most importantly you, our guests. Our over 35 years of experience in the travel industry has never been more important as we are used to dealing with global issues. Our priority has always been to not only keep clients safe, but to also deliver on our promise of an extraordinary travel experience. Since founding Travels with Audrey, we have been handcrafting trips of a lifetime. So you know you’re in safe hands with specialists who are experts in their destinations and remain your single point of contact. Europe will be back to sharing the stunning sites it is known for with travelers from around the world. We look forward to exploring Europe together with you. When you’re ready to travel, we’re here. We’re ready for you.
With a continuously evolving worldwide situation, you can count on us to consistently monitor the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and the WHO (World Health Organization) for the latest updates regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the relevant travel updates.
We are busy booking private guided tours for 2021, which, also giving the current situation, our dates are filling up faster than usual. Now is the time to look at those dates, as Italy for example is and will always be, one of the most popular destinations in the world. If you have any questions, you can reach me via email, phone, directly on my website, or through my social media platforms.
On behalf of the Travels with Audrey team, I am sending our best wishes for the health and safety of you and your loved ones. I would also like to thank you for choosing us for your travel plans. Despite the present challenges, we know that brighter days lie ahead and we look forward to exploring Europe together soon.
Audrey De Monte, CEO and Founder/CITM
Travels with Audrey’s Travel Policy
Because of the uncertainty in the world around the coronavirus pandemic, we understand that you may wish to postpone your vacation. With that in mind, we’ve relaxed our normal cancellation policies. As the situation with travel and COVID-19 is constantly changing, Travels with Audrey will continue to make decisions that are rooted in care for both our travelers and our local business partners. These policies are subject to change at any time, but we’ll do our best to keep you informed. Please bookmark this page for updates or email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
If you are scheduled to travel with us between April 15 and July 31, 2020, we have altered our policies as follows:
For bookings paid in full: Any guest who wishes to reschedule their private tour (based on availability), we will issue a travel credit for the new travel dates. This credit is equal to the amount already paid, minus non-refundable items.
Rescheduled trips need to be booked and completed by 12/31/2021 and are subject to rate changes based on your new travel dates.
Please note that, should you or your clients wish to cancel and receive a credit, or reschedule you must let us know in writing at least 35 days before the originally scheduled arrival date please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For bookings not paid in full: Final payment for guests are now due 60 days prior to departure instead of 90 days.
If you are scheduled to travel on July 31, 2020, and beyond: At present all of Travel with Audrey’s standard policies (below) apply. Should our plans or policies change, we will notify you.
Standard Policy: Upon acceptance by Travels with Audrey of the 30% deposit (Initial Tour Payment), the signed Liability Waiver and the completed Guest Registration form, dates for the private tour are considered fully purchased and are not subject to cancellation. Trip cancellation and interruption insurance is highly recommended to protect you and your investment in the event of the cancellation, postponement, or discontinuation of the Tour.
What can I expect when traveling during the “New Normal”?
You’ve already taken the right step by choosing Travels with Audrey. Small, Local, Well-Connected Mean More Than Ever.
In a time period when you are probably looking for a genuine, authentic, experience, our fully escorted private tours are truly the most boutique in the industry. Many companies tell you that they are well-connected and then they hand off the operations of your trip to another company they pay to operate your vacation. That’s one way to operate a tour company, certainly, but it’s not the way we like to travel. Audrey, your tour leader, is a LOCAL. That means that you travel with real, well-connected friends when you travel with Audrey.
Like you, we love hotels that are small boutique properties that are owned and operated by people we know personally and talk to frequently about your enjoyment on tour. What this means for you is that you are always interacting with the decision-makers, both when you are speaking with Audrey and on tour with our guides and in-country associates.
Before You Depart On Your Vacation
- Every communication, from your first contact until the end of your tour will be with Audrey. Dedicated just to you, to handcraft your itinerary, answer your questions, make sure you’re prepared, and be with you in Europe as your dedicated concierge, tour leader, driver-guide. Audrey greets you at the airport and personally overseas all aspects of your tour. She does not outsource, as she believes your trip deserves the very best service and personal attention.
- Your updated packing list will remind you to bring your mask and other items you’ll find helpful to have during your travels.
During Your Trip
- The first person you’ll meet to start your trip is your expert local leader, Audrey.
- Your own goodie bag complete with hand sanitizer and more will be provided to you on the first day of your trip. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout your trip.
- Every evening, so that each day you start your morning in a fresh clean environment, your vehicle is cleaned thoroughly using products and disinfectants that meet requirements for effectiveness against COVID-19; paying special attention to high-touch surfaces.
- Between each tour, vehicles are subjected to rigorous cleaning to completely decontaminate them.
- Countries around the world are requiring a new set of strict guidelines for hotels to follow. Enhanced safety measures include:
- Check-in has been a hallmark of our experience on tour in removing your need to wait at the check-in counter. That becomes even more beneficial now to maintain social distancing.
- New safety training for all staff that complies with current safety guidelines.
- Cleaning regimen of public spaces throughout the hotel as well as guest rooms and suites.
- Travels with Audrey is known for memorable outdoor picnics and al fresco dining experiences, so expect a number of these during your trip. (Of course, all meals to be prepared by your chefs that are following current safety guidelines.)
- We’ve never believed in cafeteria dining, buffets or large group tables. Small intimate tables have always been our preference during meals. That will continue and you can expect to have additional options as well.
- While we know some of the best times when traveling are shared over a meal we also want to provide you with increased flexibility when dining. For included meals we will continue to book private tables.
- When taking breakfast at your hotel, opt for à la carte, or enjoy room service (all included).
- A limited supply of face coverings will be available on tour. (Of course, all airlines until further notice are requiring face masks to be worn, so you’ll want to bring a supply for yourself.)
- As regions and countries open their borders, guests may have to provide a negative COVID-19 test, have their temperature taken prior to boarding their flight, and perhaps have a COVID-19 test taken on arrival in country.
- If you need assistance on tour from a medical professional, you have access through Audrey and her in-country associates, to their preferred local health care professionals. Your tour leader always carries with them a list of physicians and health care professionals, and their contact information throughout every region visited on tour.
Reducing transmission and stopping the spread of COVID-19 is a shared responsibility among us all. Together, we can be responsible travelers while also getting back to making the memories that are so much a part of why we travel.