"Carnevale di Venezia" 2024
DAY 1: Arrival in Venice
DAY 2: Costume Photography
DAY 3: Private Guided Tour of authentic Venice
DAY 4: Tour of the artisan shops in Venice
DAY 5: Day on the Venetian lagoon
DAY 6: Departure Day. If you wish to extend your holiday, please contact Audrey to discuss options.
Detailed itinerary with specific activities will be published in the fall of 2024, once the Venice Carnival calendar 2024 is published.
**Exclusive small group tour**
A grand venetian party of fairy tales and fantasies
Venice Carnival 2024
Join Audrey for an amazing week of color, mystery and artistic fun
Arrival and Departure airport: Venice is Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
The final weekend of Venice Carnival is said to be the best time to attend. So, from Fat Thursday Feb 8 – the Thursday before Ash Wednesday Feb 14 (Giovedì Grasso) until Shrove Tuesday Feb 13 (Martedì Grasso), is when the best events occur. It is also the busiest time to be in Venice for Carnival.
Venice Carnival is one of the oldest carnivals in the world, in fact the first documented mention was back in 1094. Carnival was a Catholic tradition, a period of feasting, excess and extravagant celebration before the start of Lent, which is 40 days of fasting and sacrifice in the lead up to Easter.
- 5 nights in a historic palazzo walking distance from Piazza San Marco (Breakfast included):
- Relax in the care of your dedicated local host
- Private water taxi transfers to and from Venice airport
- Enjoy the freedom of leisure time to choose your own optional experiences
- Options: Attend a masquerade ball (optional starting from €600 per person which includes costume rental)
- Skip the lines with prepaid entrance fees and local expert guide:
- Scuola Grande di San Rocco, Cathedral of San Marco, Frari church
- Immerse yourself in hand-picked exclusive experiences:
- Enjoy a day on the Venetian lagoon with your private boat visiting the islands of Burano and Torcello
- Join your local host for a cicchetti crawl
- Partake in a mask making class
- Visit local artisans in the "city of art"
- Dine in a historic palazzo
- Attend a Vivaldi concert
- Taxes & Fees: Local VAT taxes and government fees, City Tax, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, parking fees
- Sample and savor regional cuisine at carefully selected authentic trattorias and restaurants with local wines
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
What's Not Included
- Passport fees, visa fees, immunization costs, entry clearing fees (when applicable)
- Optional enhancements like room upgrades
- Additional sightseeing, activities and experiences outside of your itinerary
- Early check-in or late check-out from hotels
- Personal charges such as laundry, phone calls, SIM cards or room service
- Lunches, dinners and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), unless specified in the itinerary
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Your international and domestic airfare
- Porterage: Please note that you'll need to carry your own luggage up and down stairs at hotels and across cobblestone and bridges
Join us for an amazing week of color, mystery and artistic fun!
What Audrey's clients are saying...
8181 Arista Place, Suite 100
+1 720 339 2364
Udine, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Via Canciani 16, 33100
c/o avv Giorgia Tripoli
+39 331 416 4316
© 2023 Travels With Audrey | firstname.lastname@example.org
CST # 2140403-40