This exclusive 2 weeks in Italy with kids itinerary was designed with Audrey as Tour manager for a multi-generational family traveling to Italy (12 adults and 2 children under the age of 5). Marti, Bob, Rich and Kathy traveled with me to Italy back in 2013 and last year wished to put together a private tour to Italy just for the family and they chose the pre-designed itinerary called “Italia Il Bel Paese”, with a few changes they requested, based on their wish list. Because of the children, Audrey chose hotels with pools wherever possible.
OVERVIEW of the ITALIA, IL BEL PAESE Tour
(Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi coast, Rome, Florence, Venice)
First time to Italy? Then this is the perfect itinerary for you. Join me on this amazing itinerary like Marti and her family did, discovering some of the best Italy has to offer and some of its most famous sites. When you think about a visit to Italy, there is usually a list of “must see” sights. Many restrict themselves to the country’s star cities, but with us you will discover there is more to Italy. Italy’s endless historical sites and cultural activities can turn planning a trip into an overwhelming task. Many travelers end up “packing too much” into a short amount of time, leaving them exhausted and feeling like they haven’t really gotten the authentic local experience.
This is why I personally crafted this special itinerary for guests who want to see the best of Italy, from major must-see attractions while taking you to some lesser-known gems as well as a cultural experience that includes savoring delicious regional cuisine. With local sightseeing skip the line access, unique excursions and authentic experiences from your welcome dinner in Rome to your farewell dinner in Venice. we feel we have created the best tour for the first time traveler to Italy.
Watch the video of their experience below:
Tour started in Naples and ended in Venice
Arrival and departure airports:
Nápoli (Naples)/Capodichino International Airport (NAP)
Venice is Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
4 nights Sorrento, each room with a balcony and stunning views over the Bay of Naples
3 nights Rome, boutique hotel in the historical heart of the city walking distance to major sites
3 nights Florence, in a quiet historical neighborhood walking distance to major sites
2 nights Venice, in a historical palazzo walking distance to Piazza San Marco
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
- Private 14 day tour + 24/7 support
- Expert local guides with skip the line private touring
- Dedicated local tour leader
- Insider access to the Italian way of life
- Accommodations that blend a mix of Italian hospitality, comfort and local character (Breakfast included)
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences from wine tastings to culinary delights
- Private transportation during tour
- Moving beyond Italy’s signature cities and travel to the picturesque countryside regions
- Naples private walking tour with a local expert guide of the oldest city in Europe, including entrance to see the veiled Christ and a pizza lunch
- Legendary Amalfi coast drive day with stops in Ravello for a private guided tour of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo, followed by stops in the towns of Amalfi and Sorrento
- Private guided tour of the impressive Greek temples of Paestum dating back to the 6th century BC
- Private tour and tasting at a mozzarella di bufala organic cheese farm
- Full day on the legendary idyllic island of Capri, including a boat ride around the island and a chair lift to Monte Solaro for the awe inspiring views
- Private guided visit of Herculaneum a superbly conserved Roman fishing town to relive ancient history
- Private guided tour of Rome with a local expert guide to relive ancient history, step back in time, with skip the line entrances to the Roman Forum and the Colosseum
- Private guided tour of the Vatican including the impressive Saint Peter’s basilica, Sistine chapel with skip the line access
- A visit to unique charming medieval hamlet Civita di Bagnoregio followed by an exclusive wine tasting and lunch in Umbria
- Private guided tour with local expert guide to see Florence’s Renaissance masterpieces at the impressive Galleria dell’ Accademia (first art school of Europe) featuring Michaelangelo’s David up close and personal
- Private guided tour with local expert guide to visit one of the most magical and romantic cities in the world, Venice and marvel at the 11th century mosaics of St Mark’s Basilica
- Enjoyed a private boat ride to the Island of Murano with a visit to a traditional glass blowing factory followed by a visit to the islands of Burano and Torcello
- Savored tasty regional cuisine in specially chosen local authentic ‘trattorias’ and restaurants
- Orientation walks by Audrey, their local tour manager: Sorrento, Capri, Rome (Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona), Civita di Bagnoregio, Florence, Venice
About included dinners: As Europeans, for us dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture, a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. We guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. We choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, be sure to know you’ll go home with new knowledge that will draw you under its spell and increase your hunger for more.
NOTE: On every tour, we have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
2 weeks in Italy with kids itinerary, all-inclusive private tour package, cost per person $4,590USD not including flights