12 Day Itinerary for Piedmont, Val d'Aosta & Cinque Terre
ITALY’S NORTHWEST GEMS
(Piedmont, Val d'Aosta, Langhe, Cinque Terre)
Arrival airport: Torino / Caselle International Airport (TRN)
Departure airport: Genova / Sestri Cristoforo Colombo Airport (GOA)
**FOR PRIVATE GROUPS ONLY**
If you love Italy and have enjoyed seeing famous sites like Rome and Tuscany, but are ready to try something new, then join me and discover Northwest Italy! This upscale tour showcases Italy's fantastic food and wine, as well as the cultural and historical wealth in some of its most beautiful regions.
Get ready to EXPERIENCE THE REAL ITALY
Your 12 day private tour begins in Torino, land of the Savoy dukes and kings and the first capital of unified Italy. If Italy has a city to rival the broad boulevards, elegant cafés and ubiquitous bookstores of Paris, this is it. We’ll visit the lavish Royal Palace, the Egyptian museum (Italy’s finest!) and the spectacular “Mole”, which started out as a synagogue and ended up as Torino’s remarkable museum of the history of cinema.
Over the next amazing days you can look forward to…immersing yourself deep into the scenery and gastronomy of Italy’s Piedmont region, famous for its antipasti, amaretti and wines, the stunning Aosta Valley, the beautiful Cinque Terre and Portofino. The region of Piedmont has Italy’s most prestigious red wine tradition and is home to the noble Nebbiolo grape, which is transformed into complex and age-worthy Barolo, dubbed “the king of wines and the wine of kings”. UNESCO has awarded this area of Piedmont, World Heritage Status, specifically for the beautiful Vineyard Landscapes of Monferrato, Langhe and Roero.
You will experience the real dolce vita in Val d’Aosta, Liguria and Piedmont while visiting my favorite foodie locations in these beautiful regions, home of some of the finest produce in Italy including truffles, creamy cheeses, Barolo wine, hazelnuts, chocolates and extra virgin olive oil. This trip is truly a feast for all the senses.
Italy continues to inspire visitors year after year, and this tour has been carefully crafted to include major must-see attractions, while taking you to some of the lesser-known hidden gems of this fascinating country.
Not ready for your adventure to end? This itinerary combines really well with an extension to Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta
Discover the road less traveled
PRICING: from $5,600USD per person (double occupancy)
The price for a private tour is per-person sharing a double room, and it varies according to the number of guests on the tour, because of minimum fixed costs that need to be covered. With this tiered pricing structure we are generally able to offer slightly lower pricing if there are a higher number of guests on the trip.
This itinerary is for private groups only of 4 to 12 people, and it can be customized to your group's needs. Contact Audrey to book your preferred dates.
Highlights and Inclusions for your Private Tour in Northern Italy
- Unwind for 12 nights at charming, locally owned accommodations that offer Italian hospitality, comfort and local character (standard rooms with daily breakfast):
- 3 nights in Turin
- 2 nights in Aosta
- 4 nights in the Langhe at a Cascina
- 2 nights Cinque Terre
- Gain insider access to the Italian way of life.
- Relax in the care of your dedicated local tour leader and driver-guide.
- Let go of all the details, private transportation, high speed train tickets and gratuities are taken care of.
- Skip the line, with entrance fees and local expert guides to:
- Royal Palace in Turin
- Basilica Superga
- Venaria Reale (Royal Residence)
- Castello Fenis
- Gondola ride up to Helbronner
- Tenuta Colombara
- Ascend Mont Blanc, the highest peak in the Alps, and enjoy awe inspiring views.
- Walk in the footsteps of Hannibal, Augustus and Napoleon, who all marched through the Alps in the Aosta Valley.
- Savor the flavors of one of the most renowned wine regions of Italy (Try Barolo, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Spumante, Dolcetto, Barbaresco, White Arneis, Chardonnay and Alpine wines).
- Taste the region of Piedmont’s famous confections (visits a nougat and a chocolate producer), mushrooms, truffles and rich French-influenced cuisine; the delicate pesto, focaccia and fresh seafood from Liguria; famous cheeses like Fontina from Aosta.
- Enjoy a private Risotto cooking class in Vercelli, the rice region of Italy.
- The elegant historical city of Torino with its sweeping boulevards, elegant hunting lodges and pleasure palaces
- Fenis castle, one of the most famous medieval castles in the Valley of Aosta
- Picturesque villages in the Langhe (Asti, Alba, Bra, La Morra, Barolo)
- The colorful villages of Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure
- Explore the captivating UNESCO World Heritage site, Cinque Terre with its 5 exquisite villages on the Ligurian coast
- Meet a truffle hunter “trifulau” who will show you how to find the sought-after ingredient (late fall tours only).
- Watch the famous horse race, Palio, in Asti, a race that has taken place since the 13th century (September tours only).
- Enjoy leisure time to choose your own optional experiences.
- Sample regional cuisine at carefully selected authentic trattorias and restaurants with local wines:
- 2 lunches, 7 dinners (1 Turin, 2 Aosta, 2 Langhe, 2 Cinque Terre)
- I will invite you to join me at unique restaurants each night, regardless of whether the dinner is included or not.
NOTE: In the grand European traditions, I believe that dinner is a celebration of good food and wine, a celebration of culture and a celebration of family and friendship. Hosting this celebration is one of the joys of being a tour manager. I guide you to your favorite dish … or help you choose something you’ve never tried before. I choose the perfect wines and throw in some local delicacies to broaden your palate and surprise you a bit. When we are at a cooking lesson or a wine tasting, rest assured that you'll go home with new knowledge that will increase your appetite for more. On every tour, I have included dinners as a group as well as nights on your own. Of course, you are always invited to join me at my favorite places or as I explore new and interesting restaurant finds. I also have a lot of recommendations and would be happy to make reservations for you.
Not included: airfare, visa fees and entry clearing fees, personal travel insurance, any other personal travel expenses not associated with the tour package and anything not specified to be included.
To discuss the details and customization options, contact Audrey.
Just a few of the beautiful things you'll experience...
Travels with Audrey recommends that you BOOK EARLY
Hotel availability may occasionally be an issue on Audrey’s unique small group tours of 4-12 guests. This is due to popularity and/or high season. A supplement may be applied if our normal set of hotels in each city is not available. Your hotels will be finalized about 90 days prior to the tour and will be available in your pre-tour documents mailed to you 60 days prior to your tour.
What Audrey's clients are saying...
Sign up for our Newsletter
Sign up for my monthly newsletter showcasing featured tours, new itineraries, expert travel advice and inspiration. You will receive my insider tips for bringing your wine home.